www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Molicare diapers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm 

Has anyone had experience with these? I have never tried these, and I am in the position right now to stock up. My question is regarding the super and the super plus. How discreet are they, and what can you comapre them to (Tena, Attends, Tranquility etc.) For me the color does not matter, as much as the sizing and fit. Personally, I don't care how the Tranquility fits, and I find it just odd compared to other's but the absorbency is excellent.

I found the Abena x-plus great, but not discreet enough, and fine for night time, but way too much absorbency for daytime. So, do the Molicare compare more with Abena.

Molicare is not readily available in my area, but in my travels they are. It is a few hours away, and I will be there later this week. My feeling right now is to get a case of each.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 am 

Yep ... Tried the Molicare's. They are closer to the Abena Super's; and less than the Abena X-Plus. See this site for test results: http://www.xpmedical.com/dtest.html.

They are a little bulky. But they work well. The super is discrete; the super-plus is on the bulk side.

It sounds like you can get by with some moderate protection in the daytime. So these might work for you. I suggest trying out a sample size to see if they'll fit the bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 am 

Well my two cents is:

I've worn tons of molicares over the years. To me they are a runner up to the abena. Molicares are are no comparison to Attends Tena or tranquility. Those are middle of the road diapers. In my opinion the Molicare or Abena diapers are what I'd call High End diapers. When you first put them on the bulk isn't bad. But as you wet they bulk up big time. Granted the plus is bulkier then the super. If you dress for it it's not bad. Draw back with the Molicares is the padding likes to drop down and settle in the crotch as it gets wet :roll: To over come that I've found if I wear a fairly snug pair of brief style panties over them it helps hold it together. For night time use the super isn't as good because the padding is more down the middle. The plus is more spread out. I tend to use the molicares more at night then during the day because of the settling problem.

My two cents............................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 pm 

Thanks to both ILUVLA and Sandy. I expected too that Molicare was high end, and I think they have been around in Europe for years. I ordered a case of each for pick-up later this week. I'm almost sure the Plus is too much for daytime.

Over the past year or so, I've went from Attends, to Tena, mixed in Tranquility. The only complaints I had was pin hole leaks with Attends, and some issues with some of the tapes. Tena has been good for me, with the daytime and nightime absorbencies sufficient. Abena X-Plus, I could never wear during the day, but you could likely sleep 12 hours, which I never could do, so for me it is a waste of a premium diaper.

If Molicare works, then I'll add it to the mix with Tena.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:18 pm 

I often can go 12 hours in a Abena X Plus. Often I'll wear my night time diaper through the next morning. Granted if Rashes are a problem for you this may not be a good idea :wink:
.........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:15 pm 

I don't have any problems with rashes, and can't recall ever having one. Maybe my skin is tougher than most, and same with chaffing or rubbing from plastic or non-plastic diapers. I'm a runner, and run everyday for an hour, and no issues with that either (pull-ons or tape-ons) I leak more though. But I cannot recall not changing by 12 hours, but I do know that the Abena diaper is barely used except in the crotch area. It is amazing how much they hold, and the swelling would be very difficult to conceal IMO. I bought a case some time ago and use them mostly in hotels etc when I'm on the road for business, or vacation.

We are fortunate today to have the variety and improvements (in most cases). When I first had incontinence in the 70's we were limited and restricted with so many day to day activities. Attends came out with a good diaper in the mid 1980's, until another took over and then they took a back seat to what we have available today. I liked the cloth covering, but the pin hole leaks and the decreased absorbency was a disappointment. Even the current waistband Attends does not stand up to the mid 80's diaper of the same type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:48 am 

Yep Attends are not what they use to be. I miss the attends from back in the 90's Thoes I thought were much better then the 80's In the 80's The attends were one of the better diapers but what choice did we have? what I remember is how the the 80's ones top sheet would stick to your skin as it got wet :?
I still wear lots of Attends with the waist band. I've always liked the way they fit me. Heck I have one on right now :wink: But to be honest without a booster attends would never work for me. The last few months I've been using the tape on to your panties style Shield as boosters. These are the long wide shields they are about the size of a belted undergarment but without the belts and they are hour glass shaped. Your suppose to stick them to the inside of your underwear. I tear them open right down the middle of the back side so the wettness will go through them. I don't use the sticky part. I just lay them in the crotch area and they seem to stay put.

Now your thinking cost aren't you Well I get the attends for around $54.00 a case of 72 I got the shields off Ebay for around 22-24 bucks shipping included for a case of 120 I bought something like six cases of the shields :o I hope I can find some more of these sheild the top sheet really keeps you dry :) They are some kind of institutional shield. They are in clear bages no markings :?:

..................................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:07 am 

Well, the advices provided have proved positive. I did come home with a case of each super and super plus. Also something new (for me anyway) in the Tena brand, packages of super-flex, and super stretch, which I haven't tried yet. I did use both Molicares though yesterday and last night, with complete satisfaction. While it may be too soon to comment on any negatives, I'm thinking there may be none. They however are more money, but that is not so much an issue with me at this time.

I have been a long time Attends user too, and still have some that I'm wearing on rotation with other's. I like how the waistband ones fit especially in the waist, but they fall behind with the other drawbacks like clumping with extended wear. As for boosters, I have some too like the tranquility w/o the plastic. With the SAP in the diaper and booster, it begins to feel like a football between the legs, but there are times when they come in handy.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments. Learning through sharing information like this makes everything easier in dealing with this day to day.

I know I have thought about it before, and I should pay more attention to e-bay, but this time was special for me as I normally buy diapers on line, but this time I went directly to the store and was able to see the actual products, and the store people were knowledgeable too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:16 pm 

I have tried Molicare super and super plus. i found that the super was while almost good enough just didnt make it for me, so i tried the super plus and i found that when it was dry it felt like i had a large piece of cardboard stuck between my thighs which cause a rub rash on the inside of my legs! and as it became wet it became very obvious that i was wearing a diaper. but apart from that they were good, but way too expensive for me, they worked out something like 60 euros for a bag of 28.. :shock:

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 pm 
Admin

I have also tried Molicare super and super plus. I found the super plus to be adequate for my bedwetting. I only tried a sample pack from xpmedical. I think it came with 2 and 2. I wore the supers while I was out and about and actually found them to be pretty comfortable. Probably my second choice next to the Abena's. I haven't tried these in like 2 years though and would have to reorder another pack to refresh my memory. But I do remember that I did like them.