www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:18 pm 

I shaved it all off for years before I wore diapers........I continue to do so as I like to be neat and clean down there.....

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 am 

I remove it. Though I would prefer it other wise I am paranoid about odor. I am a Massage Therapist and this means that I spend a lot of time in a small room with only one other person. Anything I can do to reduce potential odor is worth the hassle.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:20 pm 

To lessen regrowth, it's actually better to trim your hair not to shave it. Keeping the hair very short and constantly re-shaving every day actually stimulates the hair to regrow faster.

I found, for me, that just keeping my hair short produces the same results for odor control and rash control. Plus, I only need to trim my hair once a month, and don't have to worry about razor bumps (which I always get, even on my face).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 pm 

Shaved for years and love it. No issues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 pm 

I use a Braun battery powered shaver at least every other day and it works perfectly. I've had no problems with ingrown hairs or itching as it cuts the hair very close to the skin but not as close as a razor. It also works in all (male) areas with no irritation at all. It's also small and very portable so it's easy to take with you if you travel. I highly recommend it!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:35 pm 

DDS wrote:
I tried shaving my diaper area once. I ended up with a rash that didn't want to go away. Then there was the itch when the hair grew back. :cry: I've not shaved it since.

May I join the club? Jees-bees, I did that mistake last week. Still itchy. The condition is called folliculitis, the inflammation of hair follicles. I'll be happy when my hair grows back. Luckily it has started to do so already. BTW, shaving the pubic area and the associated risk of wounds and folliculitis also increases the possibility of abscesses forming. I once had an early-stage abscess in my groin. I was lucky to get is sorted out myself with a needle and hefty amounts of disinfectants.

As for the health benefits of having pubic hair: they actually protect the skin and act as pathogen snares -which is a good thing. They actually lower the risk of certain STDs (genital warts, for example) that may be transmitted by direct skin contact.

So, I'll stay with my pubic hair now on.