Switch to full style
Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

Re: Shaving my diaper area

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 am

I shave every few mornings to stay smooth in and around my diaper area. It makes changing messy diapers easier and with just wet diapers, I can wipe down with baby wipes easily.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 pm

2 of the urology nurses at the clinic I go too,told me to remove most of the pubic hair,and its easier to clean,and better to help keep infections down.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 am

yes I do!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:59 am

I use my beard trimmer to keep it all trimmed short. No ingrown hairs or razor burn.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:27 pm

I use Magic Shaving Powder I get at Dollar General. It works great!!! It works best with full growth hair.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:58 am

As I am bowel incontinent, I completely shave my genitals and diaper area once a week. I use the Phillips Body Groomer Pro which was designed specifically for this purpose. I began this to make cleanup and odor control following a bowel accident easier. It also makes it easier to apply and remove diaper rash cream. As my urologist has prescribed a condom catheter I now have even more reason to continue the practice.

Shaving the sensitive skin of the scrotum requires care in order to avoid painful nicks. :( I found a pre-shave lotion to be essential as well as a no-alcohol aftershave lotion.

--John

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:15 am

When I can, I shave twice each week and before medical and physical therapy appointments. Removing the hair reduces the area that the critters that cause diaper rash can colonize. Times when I cannot shave enough to prevent rash, such as during vacation, always give me trouble.

Has anybody tried the NoNo? It looks as though it might be useful for depilatory use.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:37 am

Patrick, the idea of that thing scares me honestly.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:52 am

msshendo,

I guess I'm afraid that anything that removes hair that way could cause skin cancer. But I am curious.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:56 pm

I have debated this one, still haven't decided... but I suppose for this one my wife ought to get a say? Dunno, but for now I am on the fence.
Post a reply