www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:35 am 

Ok ... First, forgive me for the long post. I'm giving extra details so that some reader may benefit from this. Here goes ...

It appears that the same folks that make Secure Personal Care diapers are the same ones that make Bambino! Just a different label, appearance, and website.

A few months ago, my incont (sorry, but I still have problems spelling out the whole word) took a turn for the worst and kicked up to the next level (exponentially). As such, I had to look for better protection, especially night time. I heard that Bambino was one of the best, but my distaste for that whole AB/DL thing, kept me from trying out the Bambino's. Especially the "baby" printing. :roll: Yuck!

Then I heard that Bambino made an all white version. Well ... I tried the "white version" and they worked great! Golly ... I had been missing out!!! I still had issues going to their website to order/reorder due to the catering to ab/dl, but their product was the best for my needs. So I "sucked it up" and bought from them.

Then I heard that there was another diaper, Secure Personal Care's X-Plus, that was as good, if not better, than Bambino. Since I'm always trying to save a $ or two and/or trying to improve what I have, I ordered a sample. That sample arrived today ... At the same time my regular Bambino arrived.

Guess what ... They both shipped from the same address. :shock: I compared the invoices and they looked exactly the same: format, font, spacing, etc. Only the logo's and product name seemed to differ. Even the stock numbers were the same for one of the items! I looked at their respective websites and the diapers were the same quantity and pricing. Furthermore, the Secure Personal Care sample was the same thickness, construction, look, feel, etc. as the Bambino's! The only product difference was the Secure Personal logo that was imprinted on their diaper. WOW!

Had I known that Secure Personal X-Plus was the same as Bambino, then I would have started using "Bambino" (i.e., Secure Personal) a long time ago! It sure would have saved me a lot of hassle :x and embarrassment :oops: and ... Well, you get the picture.

Now let me be clear: I haven't confirmed that Bambino and Secure Personal are the same. This is only my observation based on what I stated above. But *I* am convinced that they are ...

Like I said ... I avoided a great product like Bambino because of the AB/DL thing. Yeah, I know; "I shouldn't let the ab/dl get in the way of managing my incont" ... But I have this mental block that I just can't get over. :? Maybe I will in time ... I sure hope so.

Had I known that Secure X-Plus was (in my opinion) the same thing as Bambino, I would have jumped right in and avoided a lot of hassle! Nevertheless, from now on, I will be ordering from the Secure Personal Care website. Whew! 8)

Ok ... enough ranting. I just hope this helps some other person still grappling withe their incont ...

Good night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:03 am 

OK ILuvLA,
You got my interest up on this product. I'll check them out. Thanks for the heads-up!.......Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:36 pm 

In short... YES and NO.

Bambino is owned by the same people that own Secure Personal Care... and their diapers are made on the same assembly line.

However, there are some major differences in the diapers that make both product lines unique.

Aside from the baby prints (or plain white)... Bambino diapers have a softer outer shell and more padding, making them more comfortable and absorbent than the Secures.

IMO... Bambino is the better diaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:23 pm 

PuddleGuy: Thanks for the further details and the comparison. That helps clarify what I couldn't see or know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 pm 

Puddleguy: I used both diapers and found no appreciable difference in performance between the two. I agree that the Bambino has a softer outside shell but the Secure works just as well as far as absorbency is concerned IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 pm 

Well, it has been a while since I've used the Secures. I tried them when they first came out, then switched to Bambinos. Perhaps Secure has made some improvements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 pm 

I really liked the secures. However my supplier stopped carrying them. Fortunately I found a source for the Bambino's which is just as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:11 am 

Well ... I've tried both. And like FarDistance, I can't see any real difference IMO. The pricing is the same whether you go to the bambino or secure webstores. So I guess it's up to each individual to make their own choice.

BTW FarDistance: Is there a source that's cheaper than the bambino or secure websites? If so, care to share?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 am 

ILuvLA: I use B4NS for all my diaper needs these days. They carry the Bambino line, Abena, and Molicare lines. I don't know if they are cheaper than the Secure websites but B4NS takes paypal and have always treated me well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:35 pm 

AFAIK the only places to order Secure or Bambino are direct from the manufacturer.