www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 pm 

My question has to do with adding disposable liners such as booster pads or "diaper doublers" to disposable briefs for bed-wetting. For instance is there any advantage to spending the money on a pack of disposable liners and adding them to a brief that might be less absorbent(such as Tranquility All Through the Night Disposable briefs,Attends,etc.) or should a person just look into some of the more absorbent diapers such as Abena, Tena, Molicare, Secure X-Plus or similar brands? Would it be more expensive to purchase the liners and diapers as opposed to just buying the briefs with maximum absorbency like the ones I just mentioned? Are there any advantages of adding liners to diapers such as Abena and Molicare or would that be overkill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm 

I gather that since you are asking this question you are already using the diaper to capacity at night. You might be better served by purchasing a better diaper just to see if they will meet your needs. If that doesn't work for you then perhaps a move to cloth would be in order. You can purchase a number of different types these days.

One thing that I have used in the past with good results is terry lined plastic pants over a disposable diaper. The terry cloth is positioned perfectly at the sides to absorb any leaks that might happen when I sleep on my sides. The main issue I have with them is that I get really warm wearing them but that beats cleaning wet sheets any day of the week. They will work but it totally depends on how much you wet during the night. I suppose that if you were a really heavy wetter they would leak like anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 pm 

Like FarDistance said, if your current protection isn't enough then you might want to look at something better. I personally don't like to ad a stuffer but there have been times that I do. Cost of a good disposable diaper is;

Dry 24/7 $1.75ea
Secure Care XPlus $1.38ea
Abena XPlus M3 $1.38ea

So if you cost of what you are wearing and doubler is more than $1.38 per use, I would look into changing into something better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:05 pm 

I've never been a big fan of liners, stuffers or doublers. I find that they always make the diaper leak around the edges well before it reaches capacity.

Now maybe it is different for other folks, but a Abena X-plus (Level 4) will last me 4-8 hours... honestly that is plenty enough for me. By the time hour 8 comes around I'm ready for a change, full diaper or otherwise. I can't imagine running into a situation where I'd need protection to last longer than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 pm 

Hi guys
Lately I've been wearing allot of second rate diapers and adding a booster. But when it comes to booster I've been using Shields with the plastic backs. I just tear holes in the plastic so the wetness will go through. If you watch Ebay you can get some screaming deals on shields. There doesn't seem to be much market for them :?: There was a deal for the "at ease brand shields for like $14.95 a case of 72 Shipping was around 8 bucks so I loaded up on them. I bought five cases of the regulars and three of the supers :wink: They are about two feet long with an hour glass shape. I've been wearing mainly waist band Attends and Tranquility atn's and some Dry Comforts off and on with these shields. I've been real happy with this set up........................Sandy :)