www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wellness adult Brief
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am 

I've been using the wellness brief for over a year now.I use 2 tranquility contour boosters and have had no problems with leaks or rash witch is a
plus for me.I have no feeling from the waist down and very paranoid of rashes ,pressure sores and leaks.There is a big difference between the Unique Wellness And the Wellness brief.I've worn diapers most of my life
and have been satisfied with the fit and performance of these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 am 

Allen,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post.
The wellness brief you use is from who? Sounds like you have found a good fit for your incontinence. Booster pads do wonders to extend diaper changing time. Again, welcome to the forum! .....Paul Martin

Post subject: The Wellness Brief
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 am 

A few weeks ago, I tried out the new Dry 24/7 and found the diaper to still have sizing issues so I decided to get a sample pack of the Wellness brief. To my surprise,.... this diaper really is very good. The absorbency and over all fit of the diaper is very very good. No quaestion,.......this diaper is every bit as good.... and maybe a little better than Abri X-Plus. If you not had a chance to try this diaper, I would recommend doing so.

Just so everyone knows,.......I'm not an employee of this company, nor am I receiving any type of compensation for expressing my opinion of the product. In some ways,.... I kinda feel like I'm doing a commerical when I try a new prodcut for the first time and give my opinion. I can't begin to tell you how much money I've saved by taking the advise of other people when it comes to knowing what product(s) are worth trying, and what products to stay away from. Anyone who has been incon for a while can always remember what product(s) you've purchased and didn't live up to your expectations.

Like many here, I guess I'm still looking for the prefect diaper.....whatever that means (what maybe perfect for me, may not be perfect for you). So,... anytime I see a product that I "think" might be an improvement to what I'm using I like to see what others have said about the product before I make a purchase. I think this forum has more expects of incon products and the many differnt types treatments than any other incon fourm on the Internet. You name it,.... if the subjust matter is incontinence ralated the best group of people to discuss your thoughts with are found here.

Just my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:31 pm 

You hit the nail on the head johnstone. What works for me won't necessarily work for anyone else. I used to use Attends exclusively until they sold out to paperpak and now they just don't get the job done.

Bambino's, and by extension, Secure X-plus work great for me and fit the best. However like many folks here I am willing to give something new a try just to see how they stack up against my current preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:10 pm 

If you read through several of the older post, you will find just what has already been said. We all find what works for us and just because it works for us, doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

I am very thankful that there are several companies out there now that have some good quality adult diapers.

When I am at home many times I will use a lesser diaper because it's easier for me to change more often if I need to. When I am at work, or out and about, I make sure I am wearing an extended wear diaper. I don't want to change when I am out but if I have to I will.

We all keep trying to find the best combination that works for our needs. If there were only one type, then I would hate to see how much it would cost.

Post subject: Wellness Brief
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 am 

I tryed the Wellness Brief, I find it no better than the Abena Plus, its too thin and dosent absorb much. I think I will stick with Dry 24/7 and Bambino... the wellness website really hiped their product...I was quite dissappointed. If thats what astronauts have to wear I feel sorry for them. when they shipped I got a package of Dry 24/7 also the UPS tracking gives you an Idea.. Dry 24/7 18 Diapers-9lbs...Wellness 20 Diapers-7lbs.
I will probablly not use the rest.

Post subject: Did not like them
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:17 pm 

I had an opportunity to try a 5 diaper sample pack of the Wellness brief a couple weeks back and I found that I did not like them very much.

Cons:
- Horrible green "medical" color (yeah, superficial, but I just detest the color)
- No padding in the wings up front. For guys like myself who sleep on their sides and stomach, this can be a problem.
- Poor construction - 4 out of 5 diapers I tried (I actually threw the 5th one out, so it might have been the same) suffered from the elastic in the legs popping out from the diaper. It was attached at either end, just stretched tight out in the open in the middle. This happened as soon as I unfolded the diaper to put it on. Since I really wanted to give them a try, I just went ahead and taped the diaper on anyway, with the elastic band cutting into my skin a bit.

Pros:
- seemed to absorb decently for my level of enuresis. Not sure how they'd do vs heavy/steady wetting.
- the actual filler (pulp/gel) was thick enough to get the job done, and comfortable enough to sleep in.