www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dry Care Vs Bambino
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 pm 

I thought I would try the new bambino ... even though the looks are goofy, they claimed they were super absorbant, I beg to differ only lasted about 3 hours before leaking. The DryCare are still by far the best diaper out there, when I use them I rarely have leaks and dont feel wet. The only down side is they swell a good bit so sometime I feel as if its noticable of the type of undergarments I have on. But as far as I'm concerned I like what works best a wet spot is way more noticable than a bubble but.

Post subject: Booster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:21 pm 

RayH"That being said, the diaper doesn't wick very well. When it gets wet, it seems to just stay in one area and doesn't spread around."

I use the Abena 6x24 booster with the Drycare and it seems to spread the wetness much better, I only used the Booster at night and extended outings, even with that a long shirt and relaxed pants still seem to hide it pretty well. At least I dont think anyone has noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:31 pm 

I will add my $0.02 now as I am half way through a case. Every diaper I have used has leaked out of the front. like there are small pin prick holes all over. A great diaper, make no mistake it holds a fair bit and is comfortable but the leaking is poor, I have had some with cuts in the outer material too.

Needless to say, unless this was a bad batch and I get the bad ones replaced, I will not be buying any more.

I will keep you posted. I have contacted them in regards to this matter.

Post subject: They did have
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 am 

CharlieP wrote:
I will add my $0.02 now as I am half way through a case. Every diaper I have used has leaked out of the front. like there are small pin prick holes all over. A great diaper, make no mistake it holds a fair bit and is comfortable but the leaking is poor, I have had some with cuts in the outer material too.

Needless to say, unless this was a bad batch and I get the bad ones replaced, I will not be buying any more.

I will keep you posted. I have contacted them in regards to this matter.

a batch of bad 24/7's that had pinholes in them. They put them on sale and warned users to simply not let them get as wet or wear plastic pants over them.

I'm into my second case of the 24/7's that I got when they were on sale and I just ordered two more cases. These are the only diaper that has worked all the time for me. I sleep ONLY on my stomach and very few of the diapers I've tried (Bambino, Abena etc) have much front padding. I did get one diaper that the padding was put in backwards. WOW did that one work. But it was a fluke. I wish someone would make a diaper that was heavily padded in the front for stomach sleepers!!

I started having bladder control problems when I was 25, I was 64 yesterday. In 1983 the Dr's finally said I have MS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm 

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted CARE DOWN THERE in canada where I bought them. They washed their hands of me, saying that no one else has ever had this problem form this batch.

and that was that, hence me being here now.

Dont use care down there, they have NO customer service at all.

Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:31 pm 

Now as a side not to the rant there, I have used B4NS for nearly a year now and have nothing but fantastic things to say.

They have my business now and long into the future.

Post subject: Dry 24/7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:43 pm 
Admin

Of all the adult incontinence product out there, I think this is the ONLY diaper I have not tried, and from the price and reviews, I probably won't bother with them. The Tena Supers are more then I need for my length of time out, along with a liner or two for a full day, and I can get them just down the street, so it is really convienient. The Dry 24/7's sound like a really good product, minus the pinholes I have hear of from more than one person, but if they are anything like the Abena's I got from B4NS a few years ago, they would be more then I need in protection, as well as a waste of $$$ and a pain to have to mail order all the time. I consider myself lucky that I have found something that works for me in all areas, so the hunting and trials are over. :) Puffy

Post subject: Re: Dry 24/7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 pm 

Puffy Pants wrote:
Of all the adult incontinence product out there, I think this is the ONLY diaper I have not tried, and from the price and reviews, I probably won't bother with them. The Tena Supers are more then I need for my length of time out, along with a liner or two for a full day, and I can get them just down the street, so it is really convienient. The Dry 24/7's sound like a really good product, minus the pinholes I have hear of from more than one person, but if they are anything like the Abena's I got from B4NS a few years ago, they would be more then I need in protection, as well as a waste of $$$ and a pain to have to mail order all the time. I consider myself lucky that I have found something that works for me in all areas, so the hunting and trials are over. :) Puffy

Tena is OK but just doesn't work all the time for me. The one "problem" with the 24/7 seems to be supply. When I ordered last time they were backordered till about Jan 15th, then they were set back to Feb 15th. Another thing is that my credit card has already been charged yet they can't ship for another month. Last I knew a business couldn't charge till the product was shipped. I'll have to check with Am Ex and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 am 

I wear medium size abena x-plus at night and im starting to run out of them and going to order some more in the next couple of days and I'm wondering if I should try the dry 24/7 out.
The Abena X-Plus do work well but the medium size is getting a little tight and I read from xpmedical website (where I order my abena's from) that the dry 24/7 medium has a bigger fit.
I wouldnt want to order abena large size because it would be to big but if the dry 24/7 are sized between abena's medium and large that would work. Lastly a guy question, is there enough padding up front for you know..? like the abena x-plus does?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:02 am 

The dry 24/7 will exceed all your expectations. I used to be abena x-plus all the way, but same as you say, they seemed to be getting smaller on me. My wife was complaining about the abena's being too small and more difficult to put them on me. She will verify that the Dry 24/7's are just the ticket and will absorb like no other diaper can do. I by the way was wearing M-4 abenas and now wear medium 24/7's. Hope this helps in your decision process.

And as for the supply, I just recieved my 2 cases last saturday. Maybe they will not have a problem with this in the future, but just to be not caught short, i got the two cases this time instead of the usual one case.