www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm 

There were a couple of other questions I had about disposable briefs and cloth diapers. I've heard that the disposable briefs with the cloth like outer layer can be uncomfortable for some people and that in some cases they can leak. Do you think that the disposable briefs with the plastic outer cover have an advantage or do you think that's a personal preference? Also if you use pin-on diapers can you layer them with cloth baby diapers from Walmart or do you think they will bunch up when you move around at night? Can you use disposable baby diapers as liners in adult size disposable briefs?If I recall correctly the Diaper Primer said that you can use baby diapers as liners in both cloth diapers and disposable diapers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 am 

ColinE
I don't have any skin problems with the cloth backed disposable diapers. I did have some problems with leaks, though. I use the plastic backed disposables during the day. My only real problem is the noise they make. I take care of that by wearing some plastic pants over them. The plastic pants will catch any small leaks I have too.

I wear clth diapers at night and always use some boosters. I have used Gerber type baby diapers for my booster. I have no problem with them moving around at all.

As far as using a baby disposable diaper as a booster in my disposable, I will stick with adult type booster pads. They work better since they don't have the plastic backing on them like a baby diposable does. That will interfere with your main diaper absorbing your urine.

Just my advise. You asked some good questions. Good Luck! ....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:27 am 

What works best for you?

If your voids are small,..... disposable pull-ups will probably work fine as your selected form of protection. However, depending on much absorbency is needed, you may need to use a heavier form of protection for added absorbency. Many people use an insert (booster/liner) such as a cloth baby diaper in both disposables, or cloth diapers for added absorbency. The use of a diaper cover, or plastic pants is just another form of protection no matter what type of protection (diaper. pull-up, etc.) your using.

For me, I've been using Depends with a liner during the day for protection, and cloth diapers and plastic pants at night. I would rather not use Depends during the day, but the price is right........free from the VA.

Some manufacture make a cloth "night diaper" that is more absorbent than the day cloth diaper. The night diaper is just thicker compared to the day diaper. The use of an insert in a day cloth diaper would offer the same results as the cloth night diaper, so its just a question......"What works best for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm 

Hi Colin. I prefer the plastic backed disposables when I am in bed as the cloth ones tend to hold on to my sheets. The plastic tends to slip around much easier. I am a restless sleeper and tend to move around quite a bit at night so wearing a diaper that slips works better for me. I suppose I could use a pair of plastic pants to get the same effect from a cloth backed disposable but I think that would kinda defeat the purpose of having the cloth backing.