www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kins Velcro All-in-one.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:30 am 

Hey all. Just thought I'd comment real quick on one of my recent purchases.

If you haven't heard of them, the Kins company (http://www.babykins.com) makes a line of adult cloth diapers.

I ordered one of their all-in-ones with velcro closures. I must say I'm fairly impressed. The construction is high quality and appears to be very durable. The inner padding is only attached to the brief at the waist, so it is easy to wash and dries quite quickly.

The diaper by itself doesn't hold a lot, but if you add a cloth or disposable stuffer you have a product that can be worn comfortably for many hours. Without sagging or trapping a lot of heat like cloth diaper & plastic pants combos tend to do. Honestly the diaper by itself would probably be ideal for someone with leakage from stress incontinence.

I found the price to be average ($28 for a large) and their shipping costs are reasonable. The only real downside is that they are in Canada so it takes about 3 weeks for the order to arrive. If you don't mind the wait you get a nice product for a fair price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:47 pm 

Sounds good.

My wife made me a couple of such garments using a double layer of terry towelling - its the stuff we use in the UK for nappies (sorry diapers in the USA). I use 2 or 3 baby sized nappies inside and it works fine. The Velcro makes putting it on easier as I find the pinning awkward.