www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need advice
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm 

I have just started wetting my bed (every night just about) due to my psychiatric medication that i need to control my illness. My question is what brand of diaper is best to use. Currently I use Depends fitted breifs, but I sometimes have leaks. My fear is that I may get my wife soiled and that scares me :oops: . So can anyone recomend me a good alternative or should I stay with what I got. Also protective underwear is out of the question because it leaks all the time with me. Thank you for any feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 pm 

I use to use Abena X plus ... Then I found Bambino with there boosters and they work excellent for night time ... I rarely ever have a leak ... I tend to wet quite heavy at night and they work well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:08 pm 

Where would you find Abena X or Bambino brands? I am willing to try anything at this point. My mother-in-law who has IC problems recomended to me that I use a diaper and a pull-up outside the diaper. but that may be a little on the expensive side. And as far as the booster pads, could you elaborate on them and tell me more.
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:50 pm 

I also use Abena X-plus and Bambino.

The Abena X-plus is available through XPMedical (http://www.xpmedical.com) and Bambinos are available through (http://www.bambinodiapers.com) both are high quality products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:32 pm 

Hello Gizmoman. I also experience night-time wetting, and heavy day-time wetting. You asked about a booster pad. As you've probably guessed it's a pad that goes inside the diaper to add absorbency. I've used this at times when I know I won't be able to change often or will be likely to wet more than usual. You can get specially designed booster pads, I understand, but I haven't used them myself. I sometimes use a couple of the booster pads that are made to go inside babies' nappies, or a washable cloth booster. Or quite often use another cheap incontinence pad inside the diaper, but with the waterproof backing of the inner pad slashed all over or removed. I think I've read somewhere else on this forum the suggestion that you could do this with a baby diaper, which might be cheaper.

When you're using a booster pad, it's important that the inner pad does NOT have waterproof backing, so that when the inner pad is full the wetness can run through into the outer pad, because otherwise leaks tend to occur. I also think it's best if the booster pad is narrower than the diaper particularly in the seat area, again to prevent leaks.

I hope that helped. Best wishes.