www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm 

I was in Sam's Club yesterday and saw an open package of what looked like cloth diapers. After investigating the contents, I saw it was a package of 12 each flour sacks. I unfolded it and it wasn't really a sack at all, but a 36" x 38" piece of cotton material that looked like a flour sack. The edges were sewn and the material was already pre-washed.
I thought, hey :? , this would make a great diaper insert for my cloth diapers. I bought a 12 pack which was only $10.50. You could fold these to make a pre-fold diaper, or sew several together for a full size diaper.
I'm eager to try these out this week. For the price, you can't beat them! I'll report back to let you know how these worked out. .....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 am 

That is interesting. If they work Sandy will be on eBay looking to buy them for half the price plus free shipping. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:55 am 

:roll:

Post subject: flour sacks?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 pm 

:shock: I have seen similar cloth pieces sold at stores as dish drying towels. I have read other post that say to check second-hand shops for material that can be made into diapers or stuffers. Like T-shirts, flannel sheets; whatever you can find.

Post subject: Flour sack report
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:59 pm 

Hey Everybody!

Just thought I would give you an update on this new diaper doubler, a flour sack, that I've started using.

I've washed these about a dozen times, and they have shrunk to a final size of 33" by 28". If I fold them in half, I get a doubler that covers the better part of my main cloth diaper. They have really done well as a doubler/insert. One great thing is they dry really fast, too.

I definantly would reccommend these, especially since they are so cheap! ..............Paul Martin