www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disposables
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:23 pm 

I wore cloth for many years but got REALLY sick of washing diapers and switched over to disposables about 15 years ago.

For the past five years or so, I've mainly used the Tena Supers that are manufactured in Canada. They are absorbent enough to handle a bladder full of urine and, if need be, a moderate rewet without leaking; and they are thin enough to wear under normal street clothes without showing too much. The new "cloth like" covering that they introduced a couple of years ago is also much quieter than plastic; and the tapes work very well and are refastenable. Finally, they're inexpensive in comparison with imported European products. I pay $65 Canadian dollars for a case of 56 at a local pharmacy.

Just recently, I bought my first case of Abena XPs from XP Medical in California. After currency coversions and the cost of shipping, they cost more than twice as much as Tena Supers and took 16 days to arrive. However, they do live up to their reputation of having a HUGE capacity. Moreover, the plastic cover is very quiet and the refastenable tapes work very well. One drawback is that their greater thickness means that you need to wear very loose pants to conceal them even when they’re dry; and when soaked to something approaching their full capacity, they are quite heavy, droop and show even with loose pants. I think that I'll probably end up using them mainly for "special occasions", such as during long airplane flights and when I'm sleeping away from home. One point for my fellow Canadians: B4NS (www.b4ns.com) of Montreal has just begun selling the full line of Abena products in Canada. I haven’t ordered from them yet; so I can’t vouch for the firm’s reliability. But their price in Canadian dollars is a lot less than Canadians pay when ordering from the States. Nevertheless, an Abena XP is still almost 50% more than a Tena Super. Whether it would be worth the extra money would depend on how much you need the extra capacity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:35 pm 

B4NS (www.b4ns.com) of Montreal has just begun selling the full line of Abena products in Canada. I haven’t ordered from them yet; so I can’t vouch for the firm’s reliability.

My mom, I think or my dad ordered waterproof pants for me from B4NS, while I was still in rehab. When I got home we found out the pants were way to big. Mom ordered 6 more, 3 arrived in about 10 days. Only took one more week to get the last 3. We live in the U.S.

Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:13 am 
B4NS is near Montreal but not exactly there (in Boisbriand). I didn't know what B4NS meant, it's for "Best for Nursing Supplies". It looks like a OK site/company (and they've got nice travel photos somewhere deep on their site :P).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:31 am 

I wear Secure Plus disposable diapers 24\7 they work best for me :)