www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Bambino Diapers?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 pm 

Hey all...

Have y'all heard about these Bambino brand adult diapers? They are apparently marketted as a diaper for AB/DLs... my fiancee showed me their website the other week and begged me to order some. The pricing is decently competitive with the Abena X-plus that I normally wear, so I bit the bullet and ordered a case.

They came in yesterday... discreetly shipped in a plain brown box. At first glance, yeah, they're really childish. The tape landing zone in the front is printed with an infantile design in pastel colors. I'm so-so on it but my fiancee thinks it's cute.

On the other hand I have to admit that these are the softest, most comfortable diapers that I have ever worn. I have no idea what they do during the manufacturing process but the outer plastic shell is very smooth and supple... and the inner lining is almost quiltlike and actually feels very good against the skin. The tapes are superbly durable and the front landing zone means you can refasten them many times for the perfect fit.

As far as capacity goes I am very impressed. I would say they are close to Abena X-plus. They must use a lot of gel in the stuffing because they are a bit slow to absorb... but if you give things a few moments to soak in they will actually hold more than you initially think. Unlike some other products this diaper actually spreads the wetness around so nearly all the padding is used for absorption. I've seen a lot of diapers that tend to keep the wetness in one spot so when you change the diaper is actually only about half used. One lasted me from 8 this morning to 2 this afternoon, and I actually indulged and had two extra glasses of sweet tea with lunch. It probably could have held for a bit longer... but I didn't want to push things and risk a leak at work.

I know that most folk here aren't big fans of the whole AB/DL persuasion... but whomever designed this particular diaper actually got a lot of things right. So if you can get over the childish prints and want something new maybe you should give 'em a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:07 pm 

I have an up coming business trip I was looking at extended wear disposable. How would this one stack up to the ones suggested Aben and Molicare? If it is a good comfortable disposable at less cost who cares what it looks like no one but me will see it. Are they something you would travel with? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 am 

Well... I wore them when I visited my folks over the weekend. I can say that they hold up just as well as the Abena X-plus that I typically use for extended wear periods... and they are more comfortable to boot. One lasted me from 8AM to 5:30PM Sunday. Of course individual experiences will differ based upon your personal activity level and fluid intake... but I'd say that's doing quite well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:20 pm 

That is a good extended wear timing. In a cloth I can go from the morning hours way into tyhe dinner hours. In a Tena or ATN I can go from 8:00 to about 2:00. The tape refasten easy right? Do they stay put when refasten? I shall check out the website. Take care!

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:41 pm 

The tapes are sturdy and the diaper has a front "landing zone" of tough plastic that enables the tapes to be refastened many many times with no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:00 pm 

How do the Bambino diapers compare in size to the Abena X+? I am sort of in between sizes. The Medium will wrap around me, but is not all that comfortable and the Large tends to swallow me! I was wondering if I could get away with a Med in the Bambino instead of Large. If not, there doesn't seem to be a big price advantage in the Bambino diaper and the Abena diaper.

Thanks,
Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:59 pm 

If you are having trouble fitting in a Medium Abena X-plus then I'd say you'll have the same problems with the Medium Bambino.

The one thing I like about the Bambinos is that they are low-rise compared to the Abenas. Not low enough that it's a bad thing... the front padding is a bit shorter and IMHO it makes for a more comfortable fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 pm 

Thanks for the response. I just ordered a sample of both sizes to try them. They make an all white version as well... not so baby like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:58 pm 

Got the Bambino Diaper samples in late last week and tried them over the weekend. They seem to be good. I must be used to the high rise on the Abena diapers, because these sorta worried me, but I didn't have a problem with them. I think I got about 6+ hours of wear before I needed a change.

I ordered the all white version instead of the baby version. They are indeed all white - not even a pee indicator, which I definitely don't need. I know when it's time for my diaper to be changed!

So far, I'm pleased with them. I will order a case next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm 

I've heard of these before but where are you getting them from?.....Sandy :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next