www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 am 

JoeK wrote:
Hi Sociologygeek,

My feelings are that SAP allows a thinner diaper that wears well under clothing but doesn't wick well since there is relatively little fluff. A diaper that is heavy on SAP absorbs a lot...but just in the crotch where the source of wetting occurs. Typically these diapers will leak and require changing while the whole rear of the diaper is virtually dry.

Yeah, that really annoys me.. I get the diaper on, and when it gets wet, it easily leaks if i'm sitting, i think that's what happened with Tena in the library..but not sure. I do know the diapers i wear don't wick very well but do absorb what they can quite well.. as long as i change frequently..

Quote:
The downside to more fluff, inspite of it's comfort and wicking ability, is it is hard to keep it from clumping when it gets wet. I think we are all aware of the "useless" diapers we have tried where the padding clumps and falls from the back sheet into the crotch, rendering the diaper useless for any further wear. And the clumping and failure of the fluff padding can occur with active folks (such as bike riders or joggers) even when they haven't wet the diaper yet!
Yes, this is very annoying too.. ive had times where the diaepr got wet, and then the padding fell away..this is what happened with the tena in the libray.. not only did it absorb in the weak part of the diaper with out hte SAP.. but hte padding fell away, making it useless for a rewet..which is probably why i had a leak. Having to rely on disposables makes it kinda tough to go 24/7 should i choose to do so for matters of ease and convinence. I still am on the fence when it comes to that.. and this is partly the reason why.

So there's my two cents worth....FWIW.....<grin>
JoeK :) :)

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 am 

Getting back to the tapes. has anyone wore the Kendall's with the single tape on each side. Sorry to say they didn't fit me good. and the quality of the diaper was junk like everything else I've had with the Kendal name I've used. But call me lazy but Just having one tape to deal with was neat :D If they could just do that with a quality brief and make it fit to I won't hold my breath :? .........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:30 am 

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy.......just stay with quality. Junk is junk! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 am 

Yes well you know. I can't help myself from trying something new or different. My butt has worn more different types of diapers then most professional models have worn clothes :lol: :lol: :wink:

............................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 am 

I like to try out new products (diapers) out sometimes too. I don't know why, but I like to think maybe there is a new magic diaper that's better than any others on the market. However, unless the new diaper I'm trying out is an extended wear diaper I don't bother trying it. Anything less just does not work well for me unless I change every 2-4 hours.....NOT. I need protection that will last 6-8 hours in the day, and at least 8 hours for night use. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:20 pm 

I am also always on the lookout for new types to try. I don't know why... but different things are interesting at least. Some please me, some dissapoint... I will say that I plan to stick with these Bambinos for a good while. I haven't used anything that is more comfortable or capable yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 pm 

I've tried out a few diapers, but havent tried every diaper out there. I've tried Tranquility, Tena, attends, depend, some Abena, (LONG time ago, dont remember them. Molicare, among others. Of everytthing i have tried of recent memory.. I will stick with tena. I think attends with waistband was my favorite.. but tena is pretty good. At this point, i'm more concerned with comfort and wearability than absorbency or endurance, as my incontience is not continuous or happens multiple times every day. It has happend frequently some days, but that has almost always happened at home. The diapers i wear now work well.. my pants stay dry regardless what happens to my bladder.. i have no complaints :D . Well i did leak once..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:14 pm 

I am usually a cloth user. With vacation time coming I needed to take another look at the disposable options. I really do not like disposables. For me they leak overnight, they are hot during the day , and expensive. In the past I have used molicare and abina plus. I’d really like to thank Puddleguy for the bambinio review. The AB thing withstanding, I tried a couple of the Bambino samples and was very impressed. The quarto stuffer and blanco brief were a good combination. They are still hot, but I had no leak problems overnight. Just my two cents-today’s dollars a buck-worth. Thanks again for the forum and the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:16 pm 

johnstone wrote:
Sandy, Sandy, Sandy.......just stay with quality. Junk is junk! :evil:

Thank you Sandy. I picked up some adult diapers at a consignment shop last month they only cost 2.50 for 10, so I said why not. They were blue and with one tape on each side. As you said they are not good at all. I wore them only at home when I only needed about an hour or before I put on my Dry 24/7.

I have looked at what Bambino's and they offers plain white diaper as well as the ones with baby prints on them. Most of you know I am cheapscape, so I don't see myself even wanting to try them anytime soon.

My normal diapers, Dry 24/7 has quite the overstock sale of $75 a case including shipping. They are now $99.99 plus shipping and handling. Now I need to figure out which way to go. I normally can get one of these to last me from 6am to 6pm on a normal day. The biggest embarrassing thing about them are they come in two sizes and two colors. s/m are blue, m/l are purple. But I have come to the point that the color of my diaper isn't a big deal as long as they work the way I need them to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 pm 

I tried the Dry 24/7s a while back. They didn't fit me very well. I found their S/M & M/L sizing to be awkward. The blue ones were too tight, and the purple ones swallowed me whole.

I switched from Drys back to Abri-form X-plus, then to Bambino. IMO the Bambinos have the same capacity as the Drys or X-plus... but are more discreet and TONS more comfortable. Plus you never have to worry about the tapes... adjust them as many times as you want, they'll hold.

I will admit that I get the ones with baby prints... my fiancee thinks they're cute and noone else sees them anyways, so what the heck. The rest of the diaper is plain white so I guess it's fairly discreet... at least more so than the others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next