www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm 

After reading this thread I decided to try the Bambino Bianco with a Quadro pad and I must say WOW! I've been sold on the Eurobrief line and thought there was none better until I tried these. I hesitated because they said they said they catered to the ABDL crowd. Why don't companies make a product that caters to us with this type of quality? Either way these diapers work very well for those on the go regardless if there is a bathroom in sight. I rate these as a 9.99 out of 10 (always room for improvement) :lol:

Post subject: Diapers that work
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:10 pm 

The bottom line (no pun intended) is not what a diaper looks like but how it performs. Comfort is also important. Baby prints, colors, plain or pretty, cloth or disposable is not important, what is important it that the diaper does its job. I laughed when you mentioned that you like the baby print on the Bambino - it is a diaper what is more babyish than that? Since we all wear diapers under our clothes (unless in the comfort of our homes) what they look like is totaly unimportant. If you come home from work or golf or a day out fishing or an evening out and you never leaked what else can you ask for. Even Sandy admits to wearing rhumba style plastic pants over her cloth diapers - damn if it makes all this more palitable (and it works) I say Yeah! Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:02 pm 

I have tried them and still have some, but the plain white ones, but aside from the appearance I don't think there would be a difference in the performance or quality. I agree with the comments made about how well they perform, but for me I don't require that level of protection on a daily basis. The other thing I consider is the fit and how discreet a diaper can be, at the same time of protecting adequately. Because of my physique most medium diapers fit like a tent, and to get a snug fit the back goes way up too high nearly mid-back.

I think the majority would say that a combination or mixture of diapering is in keeping with your own preferences and daily or nightly routines. I find myself rotating methods often, and sometimes getting away from the diaper for a spell and using other methods in the short term.

As for styles etc. I think it is a boon for those needing protection to have the variety of diapers and diaper related pants etc. that are stylish. Personally, I have plastic pants in colors, and styles suitable for my tastes and physique, and while I would not condemn those wearing baby prints or likewise baby items, they do nothing for my self-esteem so I avoid those things that could potentially cause embarassment. Men and women are different, and so are their needs and wants when it comes to comfort and style, so IMO it is acceptable, more so, for a woman to use rhumba pants, and if they work well and perform as good as other pants then go for it. Men have an alternative of external devices, where the female does not enjoy that liberty.

Bambino's probably rule, but don't discount Abena, because they are most likely a close second. I found out a few months ago that small size plastic pants fit much better on me than medium, so I should likely experiment with small size diapers. Medium Attends fit perfectly if I fold over the front portion, but with plastic backed diapers I avoid that because of the skin contact with plastic.

My comments are subject to change, and subject to your critique, and this old guy is willing to learn anytime.

Post subject: Re: Diapers that work
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm 

Papa wrote:
I laughed when you mentioned that you like the baby print on the Bambino - it is a diaper what is more babyish than that?

Well, honestly some diapers look very medical-ish... what with going to these color coded ones with funky stripes and huge wetness indicators. I'm not some old fart rotting away in a retirement home who needs his pants checked every few hours... so I'd rather not have that kind of stuff. Not that there is much choice anymore... I'll stick with my teddy bears and ABC blocks for a while longer I guess. IMO it is better than the alternative. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm 

I guess it all comes down to what you like and what works best for you. I don't consider myself to be an old fart and I use the plain white diapers. As long as they don't leak I really don't think I care, but given the choice the plain white dipaers work OK for me as long as they don't leak..... I HATE leaks!

Sandy on the other hand likes using a paper towel and a plastic trash bag for a diaper then complains about how they leaked but brags about how she bought them at such a GREAT price on eBay. I never asked her if she got a good deal buying diapers with any toys or animals printed on the diapers she was buying. :lol: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm 

+1 for the Bambinos. I can't say I am a big fan of the baby print but I guess that really wasn't designed with incontinent folks in mind :D

I like the all white plain one...Bianco I think it is called. I'm not a terribly heavy wetter but I am deathly afraid of leaks and these diapers hold up admirably. I find them more comfortable than the Abena X plus diapers as the abena makes me feel like I am wearing a mattress between my legs. :shock:

Post subject: Embarssing underwear
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:08 am 

I want to applaud everyone for emphasizing diaper function over appearance and that's what really matters. And some of us are more daring when it comes to colors and prints....which is great!

I am conservative and while I like wearing something bold around the house.....when I go out it's pretty plain underwear...white diapers and white plastic pants for the most part. Yes, they are hidden under clothes but doesn't everyone remember what mom used to say about making sure to wear clean underwear incase you are in an accident and medical people see your underwear......

I tried the Bambino diapers when they first came out and they are a great diaper, for sure! I just never wore one away from the house and yard. Now they have a white version!

Dry 24/7 has been mentioned and they are now announcing a new diaper that they claim is the best.....and a new size (medium) intended to correct the problem with the older offering of just two sizes. I've not tried them yet....it would be nice if someone does try the new Dry 24/7 and let us know how they compare with Bambino and Abena XPlus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:37 pm 

Interesting news about the Dry 24/7 products. I may just have to order some next month and give 'em another try. My main gripe with them was the lack of a proper "Medium" size.

I'm primarily using Abri-form X-plus at the moment. Since they did their latest redesign (a few months ago) the tape problems I used to have are gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:52 pm 

Because Dry 24/7 was out of business for a while, I did finally switch over to using Abena Xplus and Secure Xplus. Dry 24/7 contacted me letting me know that they were up and going again with a great new product that is suppose to beat all others. I would like to try them again myself, but being the cheap scape that I am, $1.78 per diaper is way to much. I have tried emailing them and when they reply they just give me the same sales pitch. They are offering samples but again $10 for two diapers is not worth it. I took my $10 and bought two bags of Tena Medium diapers at a local thrift store yesterday. For around the house I don't mind changing more often if I save money.

They also changed the color of their diapers. The one I use to use was purple, well they don't have purple any more. Small – Light Blue , Medium – White and Large –Light Peach. They claim - Our new Diaper weighs between 217 - 222 grams, which equals about 1/2lb for what ever that is worth.

So there is the spill about them. If anyone does try them please let us know.

Post subject: Disposable diaper weight
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 am 

Thanks, KT

I find it most interesting that they talk about weight, now. Weight is indicative of capacity with cloth diapers but the super absorbant polymer (SAP) that provides much of the capacity of disposables weighs little and so a disposables weight doesn't mean all that much, except....a heavier diaper would have more cellulose fluff...the paper part that may help wicking since SAP doesn't wick worth a hoot. We all know how a diaper loaded with SAP will leak at the crotch between the legs while most of the diaper is still absolutely dry!

Molicare has always had decent wicking compared to most others, thanks to its use of fluff and a way to keep the diaper from clumping until it's really use up.

You did the math; they are saying the Dry 24/7 weighs in at a half pound; that's 8 oz. I don't have a Bambino to weigh but an Abena Xplus weighs in at 6.5 oz while a Molicare weighs in at 6 oz. An Attends is a light weight at 3.5 oz. All are medium diapers weighed on my little postal scale.

So the new Dry 24/7 should be a thicker diaper than the Abena with more fluff to distribute wetness....and that would be a good thing.

Yes, we need some wear testing and I can't do it until spring, but I will get a case come April or May. Hopefully someone will try them out before then and report their findings and especially if they think the diaper is worth $1.78 which is a high price in anyone's budget!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next