www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 am 

The cases are unmarked. The bags are all white.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:08 pm 
Admin

Which do you think is better? The secure xplus or bambino bianco? Better as in more absorbent and less prone to leaks. Compare it to the abena xplus....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:17 pm 

Don wrote:
Which do you think is better? The secure xplus or bambino bianco? Better as in more absorbent and less prone to leaks. Compare it to the abena xplus....

Secure and Bambino are manufactured by the same parent company. They are basically the same diaper with a few minor manufacturing tweaks. IMO the Bambinos are softer and have a little bit more capacity. Abena X-plus still trumps them when it comes to capacity, but not by a whole lot. I think Bambinos are more comfortable to wear than Abenas, which is why I buy them.

My wife is "accident prone", especially at night, and she uses the Bambinos on a fairly regular basis. She prefers them b/c the refastenable tapes enable her to get a better fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:46 pm 

Puddle, I wear cloth diapers 80% of the time but that 20% is usually a trip away from home, weddings, birthdays, fishing, golf, etc. Are the Bambinos really that good? I prefer what everyone does - comfort, ease of use and definately absorbtion. I am using Tena now can you compare? All opinions from every one are welcomed. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:06 pm 

Bambinos have easily twice the capacity of the most absorbent Tena available in the US, but you pay for it in increased thickness. I had some Tenas a few years back and the one thing they impressed me with was how much they could hold compared to how thin they are. Bambinos are thicker, but not as thick as something like Abena X-plus.

The other thing I like about Bambino is that they have a low-rise fit. With Abena and Dry and some of the other brands the diaper will practically come up to your belly button in front and the small of your back in the rear, not exactly discreet if discretion is required. Bambinos offer comparable capacity to the most absorbent brands available with a more comfortable fit. The refastenable tapes are a big plus to. You can tape it on, get things adjusted, then restick the tapes for that perfect fit... something most other manufacturers don't offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:32 pm 
Admin

Thanks Puddleguy for the input on the Bambino vs. the Tena Super (my daytime out diaper as well). I will most likely stick to what is working for me now, and avoid the mail order thing as well, but nice to know what works well, how things fit etc... Puffy :)

Post subject: Re: Bambino Diapers?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:16 am 

Team--

I have tried the Wellness briefs, Tranquility, and Abenas and want to try something else. I am looking at the Bambinos but I am wondering what the differences are between the different kinds. I understand the Bellissimo is supposedly more absorbent than the others. Other than the prints, what are the differences?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 pm 

inconguy wrote:
Team--

I have tried the Wellness briefs, Tranquility, and Abenas and want to try something else. I am looking at the Bambinos but I am wondering what the differences are between the different kinds. I understand the Bellissimo is supposedly more absorbent than the others. Other than the prints, what are the differences?

Thanks

I've read some reviews on that Bellissimo version and it seems like it's just a different design with a higher price tag. A thicker diaper with no extra absorption.

I'm willing to put up with less discrete since I only need them at night but I'm on a budget =/. I'd just go with the....er, whatever the all-white one is called. I can't remember. Haven't had any problem with those managing my issues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:56 pm 

Don't bother with the bellisimo or whatever... from what I've heard it's not any better than the regular ones.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:10 pm 

The all white Babinos are call, appropriately, Biancos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next