www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:29 am 

I saw this post and looked at their site to see about a sample. I did order a two-pack of their medium diaper and tried them yesterday.
They are a little bulkier than the Tranquility I use now, but they are much more absorbant. One thing my wife likes is they are quieter than the Tranquility.
The cost is considerbly more, but I like the quiet and added protection. I'm seriously considering to switch to these. I've heard a lot about the Abena diaper. I 'll try to order a sample of those and try them out too.
The Bambino diaper is very good, though. ................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:59 am 

Paul: For what it's worth, I made the switch to the bambinos quite a few month's ago. Yes, they are fantastic. Changes are less frequent; so my cost per diaper is about the same as when I used a lesser absorbent brand. Easy tape on/off system. And they are *thirsty*. I find them a bit better than the the Abena's X-Plus. But given that their cost (on a per case basis) is the same, that tips the scales in favor of the babinos for me.

They do have a new version out that is even better than the current biancos. Apart from the "teddy" design, they are supposedly better. We shall see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:25 pm 

I just cant get over these designs, I dont like looking at them as it is but for me to see "cute little teddys and letters"...no thanks....

The teddy ones have stretch tapes now I noticed but until they do that product in an all white one Im sticking to what I have now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:51 pm 

I just got another case of bambinos and have accidentally ordered large instead of extra large. The first thing i noticed is they are halfas thin As the x large. Is this normal. You would think they were all the same thickness. But no, apparently not.

I actually really like the fit. It's more comfortable but not as high in the back and seen as I buy these for night incontinence they may not actually do there job as well.

I gues time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm 
Admin

I thought about getting some of the all white ones to see what the rage is about. Everybody says they are absorbent and comfortable and that is what matters to me. I find the Xplus and Extra to be very comfortable. I know I'm not crazy about the teddy bear design. They can keep that mess. But the white ones look ok. I may order a sample pack for when I have to go to the doctor. The Abena's have a design to them and I don't mind that. But I like to try new things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:14 am 

I still haven't tried the Bambino diapers but the comments here about them are pushing me there. It seems odd that they differ in effeciency depending on the design or lack of. And for that mater what does it matter if it has a teddy bear or letters on it? Do you really walk around in just a diaper? Go out in just a diaper? I always wear a pair or briefs over any disposable. It holds the tapes better and gives more support and I can tuck a tee into them to totaly hide anything showing. Is there really any difference in these depending on the outside, it is the inside that really matters. I would not hesitate to use the best one if there is in fact a better one. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:47 am 
Admin

Papa,
No I don't walk around in just a diaper. But people do see me in just a diaper. I have frequent doctors appointments and my wife also see's me in just a diaper. I know my wife would laugh if I wore diapers with teddy's on it. I'm just not keen on the whole ab/dl scene. I wouldn't wear them no matter how good they work. I would try the solid white ones, I could have use for those. I just wouldn't want anybody seeing me in a diaper with teddy bears on it. Thats just too childish for me.

Last edited by Don on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm 
Admin

Same here Don and other listees, I would never wear the print ones they sell, too childish/AB... could you imagine getting into a car wreck and having the ambulance attendants have to cut off clothes... not THAT would be embarassing and hard to explain... a plain white or green, whatever colour would be easier to give an answer to, but they would surely have a hard time believing anything you told them! :shock: I did step out of my comfort zone and bought some snap crotch shirts, but they work very well at covering and keeping things snug, making the Puffy pants not quite so puffy... :lol: but the block and letter print is definitely NOT for me either! Puffy

Last edited by Puffy Pants on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 pm 
Admin

Thats a good point Puff about the ambulance. I too think it would be hard to explain that one to hospital staff and rescue workers if you were found wearing a diaper with teddy bears or blocks on it. You could tell them you were incontinent all day long and required them for medical reasons but I don't see them believing you. Good point!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:40 pm 
Admin

What kind of package does the bambino come in? If I get an all-white diaper does it come in an all white package. I don't want a case. I just want one package to try. I don't want the package to have babyish designs all over it. My wife would think I'm crazy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next