www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seni Quatro?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 am 

I'm considering purchasing some Seni Quatro diapers. I would like to know any pros and cons for this diaper. I know they are a cloth backed product. My experience with other cloth backed diapers is that they tend to sag when wet. The ads indicate that the Seni Quatro is the best cloth backed diaper on the market. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Seni Quatro?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:29 am 

I use the Seni quattro, when I know that I may need the extra absorbancy. So I do have experience with this particular diaper.

Does not swell up insanely when wet or saturated. They do swell some, but that's something which cannot be avoid
They don't crinkle
The tapes hold up good, and are strong, but cannot be repositioned (also a bad thing)
They usually last me many hours, with a cloth diaper booster in it.

Bad.
They do smell after several hours and when wet, not strong but you do sense the smell.
Tapes cannot be repositioned, they won't stick a second time. So duckt tape is needed
They can feel clammy on the outside when saturated
Support garment will be needed, otherwise it will begin to sack when becoming more and more wet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 am 

I highly recommend Seni Quatro. They are the best diaper available. At least for here in the U.S. Keep in mind, I have never tried the AB/DL diapers. Some boast some of the highest absorbency. However, they are way too expensive, and I am not into that lifestyle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:22 pm 

If they fit they’re doing pretty well, but they have a strange size. For me M is to small and L ways to large.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:56 pm 

After trying a variety of products I think I've settled on the Seni Super Plus for daytime use and the Super Quatro for night or extended at-home day use. Medium in either one works well for me (I wear size 32 in jeans) and I haven't felt the need to try other sizes in them. They are breathable and that does have the downside that jms noted where there can be a noticeable smell after a while, even if it isn't terribly strong (way better than the Abena Abri-Form M3). I haven't noticed any weeping and if the outside is wet, it's probably due to sweating or even a leak. They are very soft, inside and out, and the padding is very flexible, comforming, and doesn't see to break down as readily as anything else I've tried. The padding does come up rather high, both in the front and the back, which might make them a little more difficult to conceal if you don't wear an undershirt.

My body shape is a little awkward when it comes to anything pants-like and every diaper sags at least slightly on me, especially when wet, and I've been trying various means of supporting them as well as trying to conceal the bulk. Compared to cloth-backed diapers like the Abena Abri-Form M3, NorthShore AirSupreme, and NorthShore AirPremium, both the Super Plus and Super Quatro have notably less sag and it's barely worse than with plastic-backed diapers for me. I've found that gently stretching the wings before putting them on helps. Recently I've tried a GaryWear Active Brief (size XS) and it really helps with the Super Plus, though I think I need to go up a size for use with the Super Quatro. I should note that the Active Brief does not completely cover the back of the Super Plus for me, though that's not been an issue so far.

It seems that tape adjustments are best done when first putting them on. As long as you're gentle with removing the tapes, they should re-stick fairly well. When you've got the tapes where you want them, whether you adjusted them or not, I've found it helps to firmly rub the top of the tapes where the adhesive and velcro is. They will not easily move after that.