www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:41 am 

Kent,
That's really tough luck going through that just to give the med's a chance to work. When I first became incontinent, my wife urged me to try anything. She just didn't like the ideal of her husband wearing diapers.
After about a year of trying just about everything, she just accepted the fact that I'll be in diapers for the rest of my life.
I order my disposables through HDIS. I get a quality diaper for about as cheap as you can get them. Of course, Sandy will find fantastic deals on e-bay, but I'm not that frugal. Anyways, I hope your problems clear up! .......................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:45 am 

I to am sorry to here of your problems Kent. But unfortunately does not surprise me :( Meds for most people it seems cause more problems then they help :cry:

And now you have to Cath Please Kent be very careful how you cath so as not to get an infection. Also please increase you water intake.

I often times will drink a tall glass of water whether I want it or not several times a day. One thing I go by is if I notice a smell from my diaper/urine I know in most cases I need to increase my water intake. I don't seem to deal with the diaper odor very much as compared to alot of other incontinent people. Not to say that I'm fresh as daises :lol:

For me also Diaper rash is another one that I seldom deal with. Not to say I never get it. But in most cases if I do get it. It's in July or August which is almost here :(

I hope everything clears up for you soon Kent :wink: ..........Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm 

Update and Question,
It appears the meds have worn off, but I still have self cath after I go until I see the doctor next week. I can tell the bladder is starting to get back to where it was because the urges and accidents are starting to happen more and more again. I will give more update once I see the DR.

Now the question,
Paul, what type of diaper do you get from HDIS? I have tried some samples and the biggest problem I have is that during the day they all seem to break apart in the seat area and or the stuffing falls apart once it is wet. For the type of work I do, some days, I sit in front of a computer screen all day and then others I am all over the place climbing up and down stairs, under desk, moving heavy items and so on.

Sandy, I have tried to look on EBay but I haven't found any deals, just a lot of AB stuff and that isn't what I want or need. Plus how can you tell if the place selling them is a reputable place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 am 

Kent,
The diaper right now I'm using from HDIS is the Tranquility Slimline brief. The Tranquility "all thru the night" briefs are better, but they're bulkier and cost more. I'm having good success with the slimline.
I use to buy the Tena Ultra from HDIS. It cost about the same as the slimline and performed better than the slimline. My problem with the Tena was when they switched to the hook fastening system(which did great). They packed them in the bags so tight they would stick together. When you tried to pull them apart, they would leave small pinholes you could not see. Leaks occured so I switched brands. Tena my have fixed this problem, though. If you order HDIS's sample pack of the brief type diaper, you could see how they all work.
HDIS has always done well for me. They have very nice people and are always happy to help you. I've been a customer for over 5 years.
Any other questions, just ask! .............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:23 am 

Hi K.T

If you look on Ebay under the category "incontinence aids" you should find around 700 items listed. Yes the AB perverts have stuff mixed in there :roll: but just look past that. Also keep looking I don't find screaming deals everyday but if you keep watching you'll find a good deal sooner or later.

As far as who to buy from look at there feedback. If they have a bunch of feedback that is negative look into it see what it's about. By checking a sellers feedback you can get a pretty good idea of what your dealing with.

..............Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:44 am 

I was just on Ebay and found several cases of differant types of incontinence products from around $30.00 and up price includes shipping. Many were Name Brand. But none would work for my needs :cry: But maybe they would work for you :wink: .................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:27 pm 

O.K. Sandy, I have tried to bid on a few but nothing yet. Hard thing for me is I and a size 42, just in between the med and lg so for comfort I get large and they always seam to cost more. I have also requested a cataloge from HDIS.

Does anyone know anything about MaxiCare Briefs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:43 am 

K.T.
I have never used or tried the MaxiCare brief. They look OK. If you receive the catalog from HDIS, consider ordering their sample pack. You get to try all their brands they sell and see which is right for you. That's what I did, and it worked great. Good Luck! ............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 pm 

O.K. I placed an order with HDIS but being the cheapskate I am, I ordered the HomeChoice Brand. To me they are no better than Depends. I tried bidding on some different ones on Ebay but never got any.

After looking around on the internet, I did find Abena Super's for a good price. I paid with shipping and handling $29.95 for a 22 pack of Large.
I have used them for night time and so far they have been well worth the money. Being right at the middle, 42" waist I ended up getting the large size.

Saturday when I went to the prison for a few hours, I decided to wear an Abena. I am glad I did.
The only part that was bad, is they came up really high on me and I have to wear an abdominal binder, so all that plastic was under my binder which caused my abdominal area to really sweat more. I am going to keep trying on Ebay on and off, and when I am out of these HomeChoice, I will give the ATN Slimline a good try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:05 am 

The trick to winning on Ebay is to bid at the last seconds of the auction if you can. Or if you can't just bid the most you would be willing to pay for them as a bid. If you get out bid so what you weren't going to pay that anyway...................Sandy :)