www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Betterdry Diapers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:06 am 

So, after reading a lot of the hype for this diaper, I decided to give it a go, especially since it is priced very similarly to Confidry 24/7 which has been my diaper for a few years (size small). with confidry I would be able to get one major void, maybe 2 before leaks. And like others, I had issues with leaks out the back legs. They could not wick fast enough for me, so if I wet while sleeping on my side or stomach (and sometimes even back) I would consistently leak.

Converse that with Betterdry, and I could not be more impressed. That’s not to say Betterdry doesn’t have its problems. The tapes are terrible. They shift off over time and if they are not tight, the diaper will fail. They also swell immensely when wet, which can be a problem if one's pants aren’t big enough. So, duct tape and a larger pants are needed.

That being said, I am 100% sold on this diaper. When securely taped I feel I get 2x the usage as confidry. I have not had a leak when on my stomach or side that wasn’t a direct result of a faulty tape.
They seem to fit snugger than the Confidry due to the material, so the tapes feel (for my body) properly positioned to hug my pelvis, giving a perfect fit. Another benefit over the confidry is the SAP is a lot quieter. With my confidry I would need to wear a Gary PUL pant over the diaper, not to catch leaks, but to silence the darn thing. I live with people who do not know about my condition so it was annoying to hear my wife tell me, "I can hear your diaper." I don't have that problem with this diaper. The exceptionally tall leak guards have kept everything in, even when I was sure I would leak. I know everyone's body and mileage will vary, but for my needs, this is the perfect diaper (after duct tape is applied).

For the first time in a while, I am not frightened of leaks due to my large voids.

I am grateful to Northshore for carrying this and it will be my default diaper going forward.

Post subject: Re: Betterdry Diapers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm 

I got some Betterdry's on Amazon a year ago and was not impressed. They seemed like a cheaper version of what we get over here in the UK. Recently DryLife brought out similar but far superior diapers for a lot less. I was chatting to the guy at the Incontinence Shop in Aylesbury (30 years of being in 'nappies' and this is the 1st dedicated incontinence store I've seen and been to and thank god for them...)

He says that all adult 'nappies' are made at the same factories but as they have clout they can do it cheaper. Not an advert as as much I liked them my iD Expert Slips are so superior (plus being 'expert' slips they make me feel damn smart ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 pm 
Admin

Tarlton,
Speaking of the noise created by confidry, they gave me away on more than one occasion. Due to my neuropathy, I don’t sweat. This takes my body’s ability to naturally cool itself away. It makes the risk of heat stroke or exhaustion a very real threat in the Florida summer heat. So in the warmer months, I wear light, dry fit fabrics. Anything I can do to keep cool. I used to wear confidry before switching to Abena. The confidry always were so loud. It sounded like I was wearing a plastic bag. My health condition is not common. Some people may say wear heavier clothing. But I can’t, my body could literally overheat. So I have to do whatever is necessary to keep cool. Sometimes, with the lighter clothing, you can hear my diaper in quiet places. There isn’t much I can do about it. It is what it is. I have accepted it. A couple times, people have commented. But nobody has been negative. I’ve only received sympathy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 pm 

I’ve also recently switched to BetterDry as my every-day diaper. They fit me well and hold more liquid than any other diaper I’ve ever used, which means I do not need to worry about leaks. And I’ve had no trouble with the tapes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:31 pm 

Don wrote:
Tarlton,
Speaking of the noise created by confidry, they gave me away on more than one occasion. Due to my neuropathy, I don’t sweat. This takes my body’s ability to naturally cool itself away. It makes the risk of heat stroke or exhaustion a very real threat in the Florida summer heat. So in the warmer months, I wear light, dry fit fabrics. Anything I can do to keep cool. I used to wear confidry before switching to Abena. The confidry always were so loud. It sounded like I was wearing a plastic bag. My health condition is not common. Some people may say wear heavier clothing. But I can’t, my body could literally overheat. So I have to do whatever is necessary to keep cool. Sometimes, with the lighter clothing, you can hear my diaper in quiet places. There isn’t much I can do about it. It is what it is. I have accepted it. A couple times, people have commented. But nobody has been negative. I’ve only received sympathy.

You might already do this but wearing something tight like compression shorts over the diaper really helps limit the noise without having to really wear bulkier clothes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm 
Admin

I have some under armor compression shorts that help with the bulk but they don’t help with noise. Since I switched to Abena, the noise has lessened. If a room is dead silent, you can somewhat hear the rustle, but if there are people making noise...you can’t.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 am 

I switched to BetterDry diapers about 8 months ago for my Day to Day diaper I have found them work better then others I have tried yes they are a bit more noisy but not overly so. I no longer worry about how noisy or discreet my diaper is my main concern is that it works and dosent leak. I try my best to keep the fact I am diapered for a medical issue but really dont care any more if some one notices life is already to stressful.

wear the protection that works best for you as wet pants are more noticable then a thicker nosier diaper.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm 

I am curious how anyone can get more than a little rustle of noise out of these diapers. My confidry was very loud. This is so quiet I can wear it under pajamas and not worry about noise.

As for my tapes issue, I feel I have to get the diaper very tight for a good seal, so I imagine that strains the tapes. Duct tape solves that problem for me.

I am not sure why, but compression short cause leaks for me. I don't know if it just isn't allowing the diaper to expanded fast enough or what. I have considered going back to my body stocking for support instead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:46 pm 

I agree with you. I am a huge fan of the BetterDry diapers. They fit me perfectly. Although they do tend to bulk up pretty significantly when wet. I love the extra tall leak guards and never have to worry about leaks. Top shelf product, in my opinion. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 pm 

I've heard good things about the BetterDry I wish Northshore would start selling them through their Amazon store so I could give them a try right now I'm trying to find a new product after having some issues with Abenas. Amazon is the easiest way for me to get my products since I have Prime I get free shipping and also it keeps me from having to give my credit card information to more sites