www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm 

Hi all,
I mix between cloth and disposables during night time. It sounds weird, but depending upon how I feel (secure / insecure / restless blather) I change brand or use cloth. What I discovered is that I use cloth during times of heavy wetting and need to trust on it. It gives me the secure feeling I don't need to worry when it goes wrong. Cloth seems for me still the best protection when needed. Do more people mix between cloth and disposables? Regards, Bob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:09 pm 

Three to four nights a week I find myself using disposables, then going back to cloth.

I guess I do it to keep laundry down, tending more towards cloth later in the week and on weekends.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:28 am 

I would like to try cloth for night time use as I find my disposables some times leak ( I am a side sleeper) but we live in an apt and storage of used cloth diapers is an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 am 

I wear heavy cloth diapers every night unless I feel at risk of a bowel accident - in which case I put on a disposable diaper under the cloth diaper.

Cloth diapers have been extremely effective for me in reducing leaks. I am a side sleeper and disposables just were not adequate despite everything I did, including premium diapers plus booster pads. Since changing over to cloth diapers, I have experienced only 4 leaks in over 500 nights. Not bad. Once I figured out that I needed a larger size of high-back plastic pants to keep the bulky diaper from pushing against the leg gathers I have had no leaks at all. :D

I also wear cloth on some days when I know that I will not be leaving home.

If you launder your diapers every other day you will have minimal storage problems. If you use a small container with a lid, odor will not be a problem.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 am 

I much prefer cloth diapers when I'm at home. I wear disposables when I travel, either on vacation or visiting relatives on over-night and two and three day trips. I find cloth is most useful when my GI system is acting up and I must deal with bowel releases.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

I'm a side sleeper too. I used to use cloth prefold most every night, but got tired of the laundry. I've since been using confidry with a baby diaper booster on nights when I feel like I don't need the extra protection, and crinklz disposables when I do.