www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:56 am 

Lts ofQues,
To answer your first question if plastic pants are noisey, you can find some that are. All the pairs I've bought are the soft plastic and make no noise. A lot of your suppliers will tell you how soft they are and what mill thickness the plastic is. LL Medico has a "swatch" chart that show the colors and prints they sell along with the softness factor.
I switched to using cloth diapers at home and at night to save money on disposables and also have better protection. I think you're making a good decision to switch to cloth at home.
I can't use them at work since I don't have a discreet place to store my soiled diapers to take home to wash. Washing diapers at an apartment laundry shouldn't be too hard since they're white and look like regular cloths as you take them out of a washer or dryer. You'll just have to fold them at home or in an empty laundry so people won't see them(but again, people would just think your folding diapers for your baby).
I really think you should consider cloth at home LtsofQues. Many, many members on this board use cloth. Any more questions, just ask! We are all here to help! ...........Paul

Post subject: cloth
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:41 pm 

I think its agood idea since throwing a way a barely used diposable seems like a waste and just a pad at home is too risky. Part of lessons learned is too much is better than not enough. It's like Murphy's law, the time you don't have it is the time you'll need it. This may help for having people over also.

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:59 am 
Admin

I wear cloth and disp at home but always cloth at night.
The cloth diapers are a lot better than the disp and you can layer them to have them as thick as you need for the situation you are in.

I wish there was an adult diaper service in my area, I sure hate the washing, hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:28 pm 

My thoughts on cloth diapers. When I am at home, I wear them because they are more comfortable than disposables, they allow more air movement, and your not "wasting" disposables, especially at night when your in between the time you change and getting ready for bed. Your less likely to leak on your furniture, and you can use more or less stuffers depending on your "flow". I can't use anything but cloth for overnight use. Since I started using cloth a couple of years ago I very, very, rarely wet the bed, and that is the best feeling knowing you can make it all night without needing to change, or waking up to a wet bed. I sleep a lot better knowing that I wont float my wife, or me out of the bed :lol: A full nights sleep is well worth the investment.
the two main kinds are prefold, they are perfect for night time use, because it has more coverage, and is better to stuff with more cloth to make it 8+ hours.
Contour diapers, are shaped like an hourglass and are great for daytime use. They have less material, and are less noticeable under clothing.
The cloth diapers cost more, but if you have a sewing machine you can make them for half the cost or less. the best part of making them is that you can make them your own size and pad it to what you need. If you have to buy them there are a couple of places that the other people on this site can lead you to.
If you need anymore help let me know, I've experimented with sewing them, and I can most likely help anyone who is interested in making their own.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:37 am 

I think cloth pull ups will be fine for home since I get to the bathroom but still leak. Its not a good idea to sit on cloth furniture with this problem unprotected or with a pad only. Beside that if you have people over it prevents you from running to the bathroom and looking crazy or not getting there because a guest is in there and an emergency arises. It's mainly to cut down on the cost.

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 pm 

LtsofQues,
Did you come up with a decision on what type cloth diaper to wear? Seems like I haven't heard much from you on that subject. ..........................Paul Martin

Post subject: decision
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:57 pm 

I have not deicded yet. Once you get into a routine it's a little scary to try something new. I haven't had an accident lately other than leaking. The worst recent was when I sneezed while lying in bed. I feel sorry for people who wet the bed mainly because its amazing how a leak can come out the sides while lying down instead of standing up.

Post subject: accidents
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:53 am 

Glad to hear you're doing better lately, LtsofQues. I understand your concern on changing your routine. I've changed several times and I believe I've got mine down now. ...................Paul Martin