Switch to full style
Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

best diaper?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm wondering what the best diaper people consider when dealing with very heavy bowel and bladder incontinence. I use abena m4's for both day and night. They work well, but I'm just curious of what other brands are there which can handle really heavy accidents.

Re: best diaper?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:19 pm

I use Abena and Molicare; others here use ConfiDry24/7. I only use disposables when I travel. When I'm at home I use washables almost exclusively.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:59 pm

My first choice is ConfiDry 24/7. Second choice is NorthShore Care Supreme.

Fit is, of course, the primary factor. The second most important facto is tall and stiff internal standing leak guards.

A well designed diaper for bowel incontinence will have sag space in the rear, sometimes called a fecal drop zone. The additional space also helps to keep feces from flowing over the internal standing leak guards when one must sit down.

--John

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 pm

I second the Confidry24/7, with Northshore Supreme being my second choice.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:54 pm

When I am home or just out for a few hours I use my cloth pocket diapers. I found a free sewing pattern and have made enough diapers to use them all day. When traveling I use Confidry 24/7. At night I use Abena pull ups.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 am

The m4 fits really well for me but isn't strictly supposed to be my size, from what I've heard the confifry24/7 medium is a lot bigger, so it might be too big for me.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:03 am

I use the dry 24/7's most of the time but I have tried the new Foresite diaper and the ABU simple plain white diaper that was recommend. I find the leak guards higher on the forsite and ABU simple then the dry 24/7's.
Post a reply