www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Small Northshore Supreme
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:32 pm 

I have to say, I am loving this as a daytime diaper. My prior daytime diaper was a confidry medium. Ask lost weight I was able to tape the diaper tighter which began giving me a better fit, but after a while I started getting gaps and new I needed a small diaper. This is also because the tapes were tearing the confidry if I taped in the center front of the diaper. I had to tape it in such a way to not tug on the front panel. This created a very pitchy diaper that was obvious from under the pants.

While the small confidry works well, the surprise of my latest tests was the north shore supreme small. Granted, I have to stretch it before putting it on, and the tapes sometimes touch my skin because it is barely a fit, but it performs like a champ, absorbing nearly as much as my usable capacity of the confidry. What makes it especially great, in my opinion, is that because it is lower, it fits like underwear and allows me to lower the top of the diaper to use the restroom. The confidry felt like a prison that I would struggle to escape to use the urinal (and lose more than I won) to the point I stopped trying. Now I am getting much more use out of my diaper, feeling less self conscious, and saving a lot of money. Lots of win-win.

My only complaint is that getting the fit is tricky. There is very little room for error on too loose and causing the tapes to touch the skin of my thighs versus too tigh and causing a constriction rash on the inside of my thighs and groin. My hope is that if I can lose more weight that will fix itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 pm 

Actually no. Diapers are manufactured to fit based on a persons waist size. This is how high they are supposed to rise so there is enough padding to absorb everything without leaking over the top. They are also intended to have a snug fit, but not tight. Ideally you should also have about an inch of more of overlap on the side panels.

As you mentioned, when you start taping them on too tight you get tearing problems. You will also find they will start cutting off circulation, and have problems with the tapes popping off. From the sound of it you definitely have the small diaper on way too tight. The only reason why they aren't leaking on you as a daytime diaper is because they are so tight. Not good.

Unfortunately it also sounds like you are in between sizes. This is a bit of a common problem, and means you will need to find a different diaper. Since confidry runs large, their small size might be a good fit for you where Northshore small is not. Alternatively you could also find a diaper that tends to run on the small size and get one of their mediums.