Switch to full style
Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

Tena Ultima

Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi Everybody,

I use tena slip super, because here in Spain Tena Maxi isn´t in the market for public Medical assurance reemboursement, but that´s another theme and I think I explained on a post before. Anyway, I lived and worked in France and there I used the Tena Maxi, and now I´ve seen in the Tena web that they sell another one more absorbent called Tena Ultima. The Maxis liked me a lot and I thought it was the best diaper I had ever used, and surprised me that they made another one even better, so I was a bit sceptical. Is it for sale in the US? And if not, someone of somewhere else has proved it and could tell me his opinion about the product? Thanks advanced. Best regards, :wink:

Re: Tena Ultima

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:58 am

Before I had a catheter this was the product I used. I was given the Tena flex super on the NHS but it couldn't cope with a full void. I think it depends what type of incontinence you have. If you have smaller voids, or a steady trickle over time then less absorbent ones can work. For me the ultimate was a much better option because my bladder would hold quite a high amount, often 800ml - 1l in one go at force. You need something quite absorbent to deal with that. I also need to drink more than most due to autonomic problems. I've used the tena ultima again since having a catheter whenever it has broken and probably got 4-5 hours out of it which I know is less than you personally get out if the maxi but bare in mind I drink 4-5l a day - maybe a little less when my catheter is broken since it is so painful to void around it. The voids are smaller now I've had the catheter a few years. Previously the ultima would still leak on me. If I ever have to go back to absorbent products I would go with the ultima and plastic pants with a Terry liner or switch to cloth entirely. Honestly though since nothing seemed to work I'm quite happy with my catheter (which was put in partly for retention and partly because I was too ill to manage regular toileting)

Re: Tena Ultima

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:10 pm

US and EU diapers are not the same. Even under the exact same name, a the US diaper version will be much more cheaply made.
Post a reply