www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What size?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 pm 

For those that wear the 24/7 diaper, how do you find the size to be? XP Medical indicates that they run a little larger than other diapers. I have a 30 inch waist, and about 34-35 inch hip. That seems to be on the border line between the small and the medium. Those of you that wear the 24/7, which size do you think would be best for me. I have been wearing the Bambino Bianco all white diaper which I find to be a good diaper, but looking for an alternative. Thanks for any advice.

Post subject: Re: What size?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:29 pm 

Hi dp66

I have been a 24/7 for a time now in my experience if you are between sizes go for the larger of the two and use stretch/compression briefs to hold it snugly in place with your normal waterproof cover.

I hope this helps.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:24 am 

Dry 24/7's are cut a bit larger then other brands, i wear a medium in the dry 24/7 but need a large in other brands.

order a medium for testing, to make sure the fit feels ok then order a full bag so you can test the new size over a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:36 am 

dp66,

While the Dry 24/7 runs a bit large, that is not so large as to pose a problem. It actually helps to have a little more overlap from the wings. Of course, it all depends on your own shape and size. For me they provide a perfect fit. Greenbank's recommendations are right on. :D

--John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:47 am 

The biggest thing that affects diaper size is the waist measurement, not you hips or pant size. It's amazing how many people don't realize there is a difference, but your waist line is actually just under the belly button.

Diapers are manufactured based on your waist size, and will effect how round the leg openings are cut, the full rise, and a number of other factors. If you unknowingly get one size too small you'll still be able to get it on ok, but the overall fit will not be right and absolutely will cause problems.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:04 am 

Greeenbank and J.D.
They are on point with this one for sure, a little overlap has always help me get a better seal or fit. For me I always like to add a extra tape with my fit to get a great seal point. With 24/7 that overlap on the mediums has always gave me great coverage. Great advise everyone !!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:48 am 

Thanks for all the advice. I should be receiving a package tomorrow of size M. From what everyone has send, I think they will be just fine.