www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:59 pm 
Admin

Well, 10 years ago, even 20, I would have never used these! http://agecomfort.com/products/fab-sense-adult-briefs-city-print.html#write_review Very glad I did, they are now at the top for a premium disposable for me, albeit they are not cheap, but most good diapers we use aren't. Nice to have something different and fun, they are very comparable to the Forsite AM-PM that they sell, with the huge ugly, unnecessary logo on the front. Will get them when they go on sale, wanted to pass it on to others that may be looking for a good alternative! :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm 

And whoa, their package actually says "adult diaper" too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 pm 
Admin

I know, that kind of stood out when I first saw them as well, not something I have seen on any other package... didn't bother me at all though, that's what they are anyhow! :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:28 am 

Puffy, My "comfort zone" ends with how well my diapers work not what they look like. I prefer cloth diapers but disposables do have a place in the tool box. So...that said how well do they really work? A lot of diapers brag about how absorbent they are but fail to deliver. Fill us in on the specifics of why you like them in practical use. Papa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:23 pm 
Admin

All in all, they are pretty absorbent, I would place them near the top of the list for disposables, along with the M4, Forsite, and Dry24/7. Better then Molicare Super, probably double the capacity, rated for 3000 ml, I can go for the entire day and not worry about capacity if I am out for a long time. Fit is good, the M runs a tad big compared to some, but not huge, leaks/press-out is not a worry unless it is pushed too far aof course, as any disposable will leak at that point. Tapes are re-useable, landing zone is a thicker plastic like the Forsite, have not had one let go as of yet. Pretty quite as well, the cover is plastic, but a softer variety, so not much for noise at all. Nice to have something different, that's for sure, bad enough to need them, but they plain old hospital looking stuff that is predominant on the market gets old fast, so a pattern is a nice option, especially if it works well. :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 pm 

Guys, did you notice the Fab Sense Adult Briefs City Print? This is a first for me. Here is an actual diaper that not only says "diaper" but has prints for adults!! Not boring white! :D

--John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:36 pm 

Sure did. I'm really interested to see how well they actually fit though. I saw in their comments section that this diaper has a landing zone. Usually that means the lower tapes have been moved up towards the middle to facilitate a hard tape zone at the top-front of the diaper. This in turn means you simply cannot get a snug fit around the legs (unless you purposely use one size too small), And that of course means you'll leak long before even reaching half of the diaper's capacity.

This is exactly what happens with Bambino, Rearz, Fabines, and pretty much every diaper out there that uses a landing zone. I'm trying to hold back and judgement though, but I'm also reluctant to order any because of this too. Darn it though, why can't we get a print diaper that actually has lower tapes???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 pm 
Admin

I never noticed an issue with the tapes and where they attach, guess everyone is shaped differently and one design does not fit all, unfortunately. For me, the fit and tapes are spot on :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:47 am 

I'm with Brian about the tapes on diapers with landing zones. The machines used to produce diapers with landing zones position the lower tapes higher than otherwise would be desired for the best fit. Place a diaper with landing zones over a premium diaper without, such as the ConfiDry 24/7, and you will see the difference in the positioning of the lower tapes.

It is a trade-off of landing zones versus fit. If you refasten your diapers frequently, and I do not, the landing zones are a useful feature for you. As I never mis-tape a diaper and do not unfasten the tapes to use the toilet, the landing zone has little utility for me except as a secure area to initially position the diaper tapes.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am 

Because my hands are weak, numb and clumsy, I frequently drop things, and putting the tapes on Abena and Molicare diapers is hit-or-miss. I miss just often enough to wish they too had dedicated tape landing zones. I intend to try these the next time I order disposables. Thanks for the information.