www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 am 

SeattleDoug,

It was admitted that he did not do it out of malice. He did it because he felt he ran out of choices. I'm not so sure I could have walked out of the restroom with a soiled diaper either. I don't think he posted it as a "look what I did to get back at the man" type of thing. He was venting and that's what this forum means to some. We are not here to judge and if you cannot post something in a manner that can offer help then I would hope you post nothing at all. Ease up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:20 am 

don0417 wrote:
SeattleDoug,

It was admitted that he did not do it out of malice. He did it because he felt he ran out of choices. I'm not so sure I could have walked out of the restroom with a soiled diaper either. I don't think he posted it as a "look what I did to get back at the man" type of thing. He was venting and that's what this forum means to some. We are not here to judge and if you cannot post something in a manner that can offer help then I would hope you post nothing at all. Ease up!

My response was not to Don. I understand he didn't have many options to work with. It was to PuddleGuy.

P.S. I was not raised to believe in "Entitlement". If that is what this forum is based on, and I'm pretty sure that is not what schoppy intended it for, I will gladly stop coming here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:56 am 

SeattleDoug wrote:
If enough people dumped their trash in your front yard, would you get the point and supply a dumpster at your own expense?

I'd probably put up a fence... but that is the difference between private and public places. If people start tossing their stuff on my lawn I can easily stop them because I don't rely on them for my livelihood.

A restaurant, on the other hand, relies completely on people coming in for business. Part of those people coming in is the stuff they bring with them. Dealing with those people and their stuff, providing a clean, safe environment where their needs are met is called CUSTOMER SERVICE and is something that is severely lacking in the modern world.

Customers who have their needs met are happy. Happy customers come back, happy customers tell their friends about their experience. It's good for business. Customers who don't have their needs met are unhappy. Unhappy customers don't come back, they tell their friends who also won't be coming. It's bad for business. I realize that businesses aren't required by law to provide trash receptacles for customer use, but most of them do because it is a good business practice.

The general public doesn't give a damn about the business, if there is no trash can within easy reach they will dump their trash on the floor and keep on going. Ever seen a stadium after a rock concert? Now someone has to be paid to clean all that mess up... which costs the business owner money. So, as the business owner, what would you rather do? Spend a little money on trash cans or pay some of your employees a couple hours of labor every day to go around and clean up all the mess?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:37 am 

All businesses are private. You are grouping customer service and customer convenience into one item. Customer service is what the business does to increase the customer experience with respect to the product or service that they are there to market. Customer convenience is what that company offers that is above and beyond the marketed products.

Back on topic:

Most restaurants are getting rid of paper towels, and with them the trash cans that were there for paper towel disposal. It is so they can appear more environmentally friendly.

If you have never worked fast food or in a gas station you would know that just because the trash can is there doesn't mean the intended garbage will be deposited there. I have seen some really nasty messes from the paper towels that were supplied in publicly available wash rooms.

People in general are good at heart, but most of them have really bad manners and are too self centered. Customer service decline is a side effect of the employees not giving a damn because the pour way that rude customers treat them, and the customers demanding more than the businesses are there to market. I.E. If the company is there to sell hamburgers don't expect them to supply potato chips, motor oil or toilet paper. Anything beyond hamburgers is a customer convenience.

Post subject: There was a discount ...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:07 am 

store I went to once in a while. They had taken ALL the doors off ALL the stalls in the mens room to keep people from shoplifting. I HAD to change, so I did. At that point I really didn't care who saw what I was doing. This was some 30 years ago, long before the ADA came to be.
I didn't bother telling the management either as I knew it wouldn't do any good.

Post subject: Re: restrooms
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:02 pm 

I know it's kinda late for bringing this up but I was just "exploring" and saw this ongoing thing about lack of trash cans in public restrooms and what to do. I agree that a business worth its salt would provide trash cans in restrooms even if the restroom only has air hand dryers. After all, people may not then need paper towels to dry their hands but they still need a place to dispose of Kleenexs, candy wrappers and other pieces of trash. And that's not to mention the number of babies who are taken into restrooms in a restaurant for changing. So why wouldn't a decent business have a trash can? And for those of us who express our displeasure when leaving a soiled incontinence brief, that's one way to get the message across to management. Sure it's unsanitary as hell, but if management is so short-sighted it can't see its way to provide for its customers then that should bring them up short! So what to do if you find there's no trash can? If at all possible, put it in a disposable bag, even if it's just a supermarket bag, and carry it until you get to the nearest trash can. But if not, then what else can you do? :roll: Would you then take the used diaper and deposit it in the hands of the nearest employee? :lol: One thing for sure, you'd find a trash can in the restroom the very next day!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 am 

My dentist has a small covered trash can beside the toilet, it's labeled "Feminine products, Adult diapers only". They also have a regular sizer can for the handtowels.
In one stores restroom they had small cans right inside each stall, in addition to the regular can. It was a Men's restroom too.

Last edited by deen_ad on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:54 pm 

deen_ad wrote:
My dentist has a small covered trash can beside the toilet, it's labeled "Feminine products, Adult diapers only. They also have a regular sizer can for the handtowels.
In one stores restroom they had small cans right inside each stall, in addition to the regular can. It was a Men's restroom too.

Probably means you aren't the only incontinent person your dentist deals with. I don't believe anyone would go out of their way to make a label that specifically mentions adult diapers unless they had a need to.