www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:54 pm 

Incontinence is one of the government guidelines for being "disabled" It's not like your going to get a parking placard, but it gives you the right to use the handicap stalls or designated restrooms. The best restrooms I have found are the ones for families. then the next best thing is when they have baby changing stations inside the stall, those come in real handy, you then have a place to set your bag down. I don't believe that any one who is incon should have to try and change in a regular sized stall, when I was walking and I changed in those I made one heck of a racket with my elbows and my supplies. Now when go out I have to use a wheelchair, and when I have to change, I might have to wait, sometimes for a while, but I don't get upset because the other person might have an "unseen problem",

Post subject: restrooms
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 am 

These are serious problems. Still, the one I find the most aggravating is places without close restrooms, hidden restrooms, and the worst, places with none or won't let customers use it. These things cause accidents. There are probably many incontinent people who are not going to these places because they are afraid of an incident. It loses business for people on both sides.

Post subject: restrooms at work
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:01 pm 

The other day I was coming out of the bathroom and my coworker was running trying to make it in time. I said I have the same problem sometimes and she said once you have children you can't hold very long and the supervisor should understand that. Is that true for everyone? Iam afraid of what will happen if I ever have a child and how your husband would deal with this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:50 am 

LtsofQues,
I can't speak much since Im a male, but I've heard and read how pregnancy can really cause problms for women after child birth. I've heard that kegal exercize can help a lot. Are there any womaen on this forum that can add any thing to this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:32 pm 

I am very mobile and have urge incontinece and anytime I go some place and I know I will be gone for more than an few hours, I either add a booster pad to the diaper, or use a disposable diaper that is designed for extended wear. I HATE using public restrooms to change in. I'm not saying I never use them, or will never use them, but will only use them if I'm soaked and about to leak, or have developing signs of already leaking (wet butt syndrome). I know, and understand waiting to change until you return home may not work for everyone for different reasons, but it does for some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:39 am 

I suppose everyone dispises having to change in a public and I figure all of us avoid it unless it is absolutely necessary. Extended-wear diapers like Abri X-plus, Molicare Super Plus, or Dry 24/7 can make a big difference when it comes to being able to pick and choose a place to change, or avoiding a public change completely. I don't know what it is with public restroom standards here in the US, but they are deplorable. Most of them are never clean... and I cannot even begin to count the number of times I've gone in to find that the stall doors do not lock, or even worse there are no doors at all. I typically make a point of going and complaining to the management of a facility if I am dissatisfied with their restrooms. I realise that it doesn't do much... but I have gotten free meals or discounts out of it before. I mean is it really that difficult to have someone clean the restroom a few times a day, and to make sure that the stalls are in a proper state of repair?

In the past I have considered starting a letter-writing campaign to Congress on behalf of handicapped and incontinent individuals everywhere to try and get some kind of improvement to the public restroom standards. I doubt it would do any good at all... but ya' never know. I have also considered putting forth a proposal that individuals who cannot hit the toilet and/or refuse to flush be put back into diapers until they can learn proper restroom etiquitte. Just b/c they seem to be happy leaving their filth everywhere doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:19 pm 

Yeah, now that school is over for me for the semester, i will look odd carrying my backpack with diapers into a bathroom.. oh well.. I'm still new to this whole thing... have to make it up as i go along how to best deal with situations as they come.. But, at any rate, wetting a diaper is much better and is much more comfortable than wet underwear.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 pm 

Just remember... when you are in a restroom noone is really paying any attention to you or what you are doing. You may think they are... but it's all in your head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:22 am 

I wear disposable diapers under cotton briefs to keep them from sagging when they get wet. I wear rubber pants to contain any leaks in case I overflow my diaper. It gives me a chance to change before my outerwear becomes obviously wet. I hate changing in public restrooms too, though I have done it many times. I have used belted undergarments when I know I will have to use public restrooms as I can change them without needing to take off my shoes and jeans. I lose plenty of urine when I start to pee and can't stop one I get started, but generally not enough to overflow. However I fill up my undergarment fairly completely. I have to change belted undergarments more often that some diapers, but I don't really worry much about leaks. I suffer from almost debilitating anxiety unless I am wearing diapers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm 

westway wrote:
I wear disposable diapers under cotton briefs to keep them from sagging when they get wet. I wear rubber pants to contain any leaks in case I overflow my diaper. It gives me a chance to change before my outerwear becomes obviously wet. I hate changing in public restrooms too, though I have done it many times. I have used belted undergarments when I know I will have to use public restrooms as I can change them without needing to take off my shoes and jeans. I lose plenty of urine when I start to pee and can't stop one I get started, but generally not enough to overflow. However I fill up my undergarment fairly completely. I have to change belted undergarments more often that some diapers, but I don't really worry much about leaks. I suffer from almost debilitating anxiety unless I am wearing diapers.

Yes, we know. You have posted the exact same thing 3 different times now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next