www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Confidry problems
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:56 pm 

So as most can agree, confidry24/7 diapers are among the best out there. I've been using them for a couple of years now and have always been impressed with their reliability. Unfortunately for the last few months, and last three separate orders, I've been having problems with their lower right, white, tab always separating from the blue tab. I've also been having problems with the plastic shell ripping around where I place any of the tapes. And to make things worse, I've been getting clumping issues even within minutes of putting a new diaper on.

I've been really careful not to put the tapes on too tight, and have even tried taping them looser than I normally would. Unfortunately the tapes will still pop off, or rig the plastic. It seems to happen to me almost randomly but consistently, even though I've never had this problem before. My normal use, activity, and weight are all the same too.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Post subject: Re: Confidry problems
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:42 pm 

Hi Brian

I bought 3 cases a week or so ago and have not had any issues, may be your supplier is still clearing a batch they recieved at the same time.

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:40 pm 

I thought that at first too, but three orders over three months pretty well rules out one bad batch. And a bad batch would normally only have one or two problems. But three all at once? Something has got to be going on here.

I sent a message to confidry too. We'll see what they say.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 am 

Brian,

I buy these by the case and have not had problems, although I routinely reinforce the tapes on most diapers. I think one factor may be the various vendors we use for ConfiDry 24/7 and how long the individual cases have been in warehouse storage. Diapers can last for a long time, but extremely long storage in a hot warehouse can affect the chemicals in the SAP and in the tapes. :(

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:15 am 

Make a not of the LOT number off the cases. and in some instances off the product itself.
at least that way you will know if the issues are with that lot or all of them.,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 am 

Good point. I hadn't thought to do that before, but will for my current supplies.

Still haven't heard back from confidy to see what they say either.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:22 pm 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
Make a not of the LOT number off the cases. and in some instances off the product itself.
at least that way you will know if the issues are with that lot or all of them.,

Excellent point, I'll do that if I ever have issues! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:23 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Brian,

I buy these by the case and have not had problems, although I routinely reinforce the tapes on most diapers. I think one factor may be the various vendors we use for ConfiDry 24/7 and how long the individual cases have been in warehouse storage. Diapers can last for a long time, but extremely long storage in a hot warehouse can affect the chemicals in the SAP and in the tapes. :(

--John

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the heat issues etc.... Will definitely effect how I store my diapers now that I am getting 90 day supplies at a time from the VA.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:11 pm 

I do occasionally have tapes pop off, but it is a rarity during the day when I am up and about. However, I have had problems with Dry 24/7 and Abena tapes unfastening at night, usually only on the upper tape. At night I always reinforce the tapes on the diapers with packing tape. I do wet the bed from time-to-time, and it is almost always due to tapes coming unfasted and the diaper loosening.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:15 pm 

Just realize I haven't given an update here in a while. I did talk with the manufacturer, and they said it had to be a defect, and offered to exchange them for me. The only problem was I had to pay for shipping, so out of a case of four I had only returned one bag. (So they could at least test and verify what was wrong with them). The new one arrive shortly there after.

Since then, I've had periodic problems with just the lower left tape wanting to pop off every now and again. I'm wondering if some glue applicator or injector just needs to be cleaned or adjusted again, or something.

Until then I'm just keeping a safety pin in my pocket as a backup. It's easier to carry around than a roll of tape, and works just as good for keeping a loose tape secured until I need to change later.