www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:50 am 

I tried them last night, they held up okay but caused my skin to get a rash, which doesn't happen with the ConfiDry so for me they were a big looser. Oh well.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:49 am 

When these first came out, I emailed them asking to let me know if they ever became available in the US

If you didn't want to order these through the Canadian source, they can now be purchased through Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:49 pm 

What was the price point for them, off hand?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:46 pm 

I bought a case of these diapers about a month ago just to see what was so great about them and they are pretty good, but they are very expensive. I bought the case from Canada and had it shipped to AZ so not only were the diapers expensive, but the shipping was also expensive. I just checked the pricing on Amazon, and their price point is $2.50 EACH,...ouch. I forgot how much I paid for a case + shipping to AZ, but I think it was something close to $2 each when you included shipping. Too expensive for me,.....but I do agree,.... they are pretty good especially for night if you wear plastic pants as extra protection to prevent leaks. I'll stick with North Shore during the day, and cloth diapers at night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:30 am 

So now that these are listed on Amazon.com, I ordered a bag and let me say....WOW.
Impressive to say the least. I could do without the big blue logo on the front of the brief, but these are very absorbent and although I've only tried a few, I am very impressed so far.
https://goo.gl/rGk35m

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:52 pm 

Like you, I was also impressed how absorbent they we but, wow......the price. I thought I would save, so I purchased the case from Canada, and they were still VERY expensive by the time I made the purchase and paid the shipping fee's. Still cost too much for me. Maybe if I win the lottery I will be able to afford them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:51 am 

I can't believe I forgot to leave a review of them here. About a month ago I ordered a full bag of them and tested them all out before leaving my reviews (elsewhere at least).

Aside from being expensive, I too did find they are incredibly absorbent. Unfortunately, this is another one of those "no lower tapes" design, which places the bottom tapes right at the middle of the side panels.

This in turn makes it impossible to get a good snug fit or even a loose seal around the legs- unless you buy one size too small which will otherwise make the entire diaper fit tighter albeit also too small. Anyways, this poor tape placement will mean the diaper will leak long before it reaches any real capacity like they claim (I found usually about one third capacity to one half for me).

There were a few times where overnight they did not leak and performed great, and a few nights where they did leak a little. However, they almost always did leak pretty bad when I was walking around or sitting. Given their high cost and poor performance overall I cannot recommend anyone use this as their primary diaper, especially for daytime use.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 am 

Brian,

As I have posted previously I always (well, almost always) reinforce the tapes on my diapers with Duck tape. Given that practice, do you think that would solve the fit problem or is the basic shape of the diaper different than norm?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:13 pm 

JD, I believe this is a result of the tape placement more than the diaper's basic shape. Of course this often translates into the diaper's overall size too. Let me explain.

First and foremost, a diaper needs to fit like a diaper in order for it to work right. A lot of people don't even think about this and try to go for a diaper that fits more like brief underwear.

A diaper "should" extend all the way up to a persons waist (which is around the belly button), which is what every diaper manufacturer bases their sizing info on. However, most people are going to be used to underwear that only extend to just above the hips line (more properly called the high hip line- but certainly not the waist line). When they try to do this with a diaper they are also (unintentionally) getting a diaper that is one size too small. However, this not only lowers the diaper's rise, but also shrinks every other measurement. This in turns makes a diaper tape on more tightly all the way around the sides and buttox, which is what's actually popping those tapes off prematurely- especially the lower tapes (it's also what causes a diaper to split open along the back side should the tapes manage to hold). The way a few manufacturers have compensated for this, at least a little, is to raise the positioning of the lower tapes towards the middle of the side panels- and to include a stronger tape landing zone. This makes it so both the middle and top tapes are now more likely to not both pop off. Which is where most of these people end up at (especially if the diaper you're using doesn't imply this compensation), having to reinforce those tapes because they still keep popping off all of the time.

To really prevent this from happening, the diaper "should" be properly fitted and snug all the way around the sides, at the waist, and all the way around the legs too. None of it should feel tight or too loose, and the diaper should have at least some room to move, expand as they should, and/or easily contain large bowel movements without leaking.

With this proper fit the tapes on most any non-compensated diaper I've ever tried will not have a problem popping off. Though yes it does still happen from time to time. Now with a diaper that is compensated for a smaller fit/ no lower tapes, when fitted properly they will never allow for a snug fit around the legs, but wow those tapes will hold. (Edit: Adding a piece of tape for a third, lower tape to these diapers does un/re-compensate for that improper and loose fit around the legs and makes it fit snug while also preventing premature leaks. This alone has worked great for me to get these kinds of diapers to work properly).

It's also very much worth mentioning that every diaper is cut differently and every person is shaped differently too. Some diapers out there will just never fit some people no matter what. Also, like the diaper primer mentions you need to always be careful not to get oil from you hands on the tapes or on the plastic where the tapes will go (such as rubbing the panels flat just before you tape it). I've also found it helps greatly to rub the tabs after you've stuck them on. This makes sure they are fully contacting the diaper, and might also partially melt the sticky glue into the plastic which would improve its holding ability as well.

Of course this is all just my own observations, but it does seem to explain a lot and has seemed to be very consistent based on what I've been able to verify. But that's just me and I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:16 pm 

I ordered a case of the medium forsite am-pm diapers delivered to Indiana, and it only cost me $68.49 USD. So I figure that they only cost me $1.90 USD each. Plus I also got 1 large sample of them and another medium sample and 3 other samples at the same time to avoid extra shipping. Very pleased with the diaper, but I've only tried the medium sample which is a little snug(it fits, but not as well as other mediums). I am right at the sizing split and I fear the large will prove to be too big(the sample looks huge compared to the medium). These are very comfortable diapers, even though it seems a little small on me. Very bulky to me in the crotch, kinda makes me feel like I need to waddle. Haven't wet yet, but on my way to the bar for beer, I'll know soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next