www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:54 am 

I just read that the Forsite AM-PM diaper has a slightly higher rating than I realized. For size Large (my size), the ISO rating is 5,000 ml! :D

Guys, please do post your personal experiences with this diaper. That is so much more useful than the manufacturer's specifications.

As leaks do tend to occur long before a good diaper reaches its capacity, how good are the leg gathers? Do they seem different from any other good diaper?

--John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:44 pm 
Admin

I wore #3 last night, and definitely put more fluids in me during the evening then normal, probably the better part of 2000 mls between 6PM and bedtime at 10:30, and they never leaked a drop, but did wear a onesie to keep things in place, it was a good sleep, better then any I had all week, but I was exhausted as well, so that always helps! The onesie was completely dry, even the inner legs. So far, fit for my frame is superb, not overly big like the Abena M4 was on me or even the Molicare I use along with the Tena Supers, and the tapes, didn't budge...& the capacity speaks for itself. I also like the fact I don't need any extra stuffers or layers to get through a heavy night. :) Happy with these, just the price, and the front panel thickness, like I stated earlier. :( Puffy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:56 am 

i ordered a couple of samples to try one of each size medium and large since some diaper manufactures have a smaller cut then others.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:43 pm 

rob110 wrote:
i ordered a couple of samples to try one of each size medium and large since some diaper manufactures have a smaller cut then others.

Me too, and only THEN did I realize that the $20 was CANADIAN not AMERICAN dollars! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:28 am 

I tried the medium last night, it was a smaller cut then the dry 24/7's I normaly wear. it was snug and did feel smaller the dry 24/7 but it was comfortable and seemed to be absorbent and did not leak when i slept on my side.

i ordered a bag of the large thinking the mediums would be smaller but now I am thinking I should have ordered a bag of the mediums as well for longer testing. I always find one test diaper really dosent tell you 100% if it will work out unless its way to small or to big then you know right away.

the Foresite pricing works out to be (when bought in a case)
$2.22 CDN per diaper for the mediums Same price as the dry 24/7
$2.66 CDN per diaper for the large

not sure why they placed a logo and the size of the diaper on the front of the diaper.

the foresite brand may be a good option as a replacement or backup for my dry 24/7's.

its good to see we are getting more options for medical grade diapers to help manage our IC issues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:16 am 

I am always game to try something new, but the dry24 at XP medical runs about 1.55 for brief at the current promotional price. To get the forsite to me in Iowa, when converting currency and adding shipping brings if to 2.22 roughly per brief ordering a case of large and a case of medium for testing. Unless these are a heck of a lot more than confidry in capacity, comfort, and utility I think I will stick with confidry...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:43 pm 

My sample pack just came in, alas, it says ADULT INCONTINENCT BRIEF SAMPLE on the international disclaimer form. Guess my mail man knows I wear diapers now... :|

In my book, the lack of discretion costs them cool points and I don't like it one bit. More to follow after I test them.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:30 pm 

I've ordered a bag of their diapers (which is needed in order to get a better idea on how they perform in different situations).

They actually charged me $5.00 for weight- on top of the $20 for US shipping. That puts them close to $2.70 per diaper! Way too much for anything more than trying them out once.

Still, this will give me a good and honest review once I've tried them all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:20 am 

I tried them, like the protection and the fit. But the price and shipping kills the deal for me. I will stay with what I wear now. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:30 am 

Rob110,

In another group you mentioned the rapid absorbency of the Forsite diapers. Would you expand on that here?

--John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next