www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:16 pm 

Yes please Rob, I would love to hear about that bit of it! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:50 pm 

I have tested a couple of the large forsites, they do fit but are a bit big on me. I think I will order a bag of the mediums to hece them a better test run.

the diaper is a very absorbant diaper and wicks faster the dry 24/7's and even with the looser fitting large size I dint leak while sleeping on my stomach. (The dry 24/7 would have leaked)

i am impressed with the quality and comfort of the diaper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:07 pm 

Thank you Robert! Now if they can address non-Canadian distribution and the price, they might become the next big thing! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:39 am 

So I got my order of Forsite diapers yesterday evening. My first impression is they utilize the same kind of "no lower tapes" design as with Bambino diapers. With diapers like this I have never been able to get a snug fit around my legs, and they ALWAYS leak long before reaching their rated capacity. Sure enough, within 5 minutes of putting it on last night I had already developed a slight leak around my left leg. This brought its usable capacity down to just 5 ml, not 5000.

After trying to reposition the middle tapes lower than the tape landing zone I was able to get a very loose seal around my legs, except the middle tapes were no longer re adjustable since they were stuck to the softer plastic and not the harder tape landing zone. Oddly though, the diaper did an excellent job of wicking my pee away from the side of the diaper (I am a side sleeper), and did not leak on me at all overnight.

I did wake up with a rather bad rash though, which tells me the barrier mat they are using is not keep the pee away from my skin as good as with other brands. I've already applied a lot of triple diaper cream, and changed into another Forsite for my day ahead. So after some rather mixed initial reviews I will let everyone know how they hold up overall and in the long term.

Oh, and as with every single diaper manufacturer out there, it is much easier to remove the diapers from this bag if you open the bag from the bottom.

Attachments:
P1010657.JPG
P1010657.JPG [ 165.67 KiB | Viewed 7895 times ]
P1010656.JPG
P1010656.JPG [ 168.28 KiB | Viewed 7895 times ]
P1010654.JPG
P1010654.JPG [ 162.12 KiB | Viewed 7895 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:31 am 

I made the plunge and bought a case of 36 medium size brief. In US dollars I was charged $94 for the case including shipping. That comes out to $2.61 per diaper.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 am 

I too had taken the plunge a few weeks ago, but had not written anything until now.

I tried these for overnight use (size M) and found them to be better than the ComfiDry's 24/7's. They do seem to have a better capacity than the ComfiDrys. I will admit that I am smartly impressed with their capability. And I like the lower cut around the waist. There is less diaper exposure from a lower pant/waist line.

I'll be using them for daytime use on a long haul driving trip in the next day or two. For me, that is the definitive test (a long haul car trip).

I'll report back shortly.

ILuvLA.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:09 pm 

Well I'm the last of a bag of 10 diapers now. I've had 4 of them leak on me, which puts them at a 40% failure rate- not good. I know this is all because of how they are cut, and the position of the tapes. First, I almost always fit into a large with ample room to spare (38" waist size- measured at 42" actual). The top waist band on these larges do not extend up to my actual waist line (near the belly button), and instead just barely come up over my hips line. This low cut has let my diaper leak over the top when I am lying down on my side (with hips rotated forward so I am almost on my stomach) (note; I do not normally have this kind of leaking problem with confidry or northshore, but do have it with bambinos which have a similar cut).

Also, as I mentioned before, these diapers have the lower tapes positioned halfway up the middle of the side wings of the diaper. This "no lower tape" design has made it so it is impossible to get a snug fit around the legs. This too lose of a fit has allowed my diaper to almost instantly leak on me when I am laying on my back and flood the diaper- twice now from around the seat area of my diaper.

The other 6 times my diaper did not leak on me I had found their wicking capability to be among the best I have ever worn. Unfortunately when the diaper wicks the pee towards the back seat area (right at the back of the legs), then the chance for me developing that same leak problem goes up. Once I had noticed it beginning to leak before it really did much (which I did not count as an actual leak), and once I did not notice it which made a huge wet spot on my chair.

Overall, my experience with these diapers puts their actual real world capacity closer to 2500 or 3000 ml- not the claimed 5100ml. Keep in mind this is an actual average since I did have one diaper almost instantly leak on me with less than 5 ml, while I have also had several diapers reach a capacity of probably over 4000ml. I also like the feel of the plastic which is also very quite- except when removing the tapes then it becomes the loudest I have ever used.

Still, even with a real world capacity that puts these diapers just barely in the premium range of diapers, their reliability of just 60% puts them in the horrible range of diapers like depends or attends.

I do believe these could be absolutely great diapers if Forsite would correct their low cut, and more importantly fix their tapes to actually include lower tapes for around the legs. the addition that these diapers cost so very much more than confidry or northshore also makes them unrealistic for use as one's own primary diaper. Until then, I can not recommend that anyone use these diapers for anything other than a novelty.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:22 pm 

Brian, keep in mind that some of the fit is body type. I've had absolutely no issues with the fit of the Bambino's after I tried them... but most of my height is above the torso with my short German-Scotch stocky frame. That said, it is clear they didn't work for you. Further, the cost doesn't seem to be working for anyone....

As a slight confession, I haven't tried mine yet because I was at a convention this weekend and didn't want to learn they leak the hard way.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:32 pm 
Admin

They fit me pretty good but not perfect by far, and the tapes stick almost too good, so get them right the first time! They are re-doable, if need be. Puffy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:23 am 

That is re-doable ONLY if you stick the tapes on the harder tape landing zone. Try to get the middle tape to fit a little lower by sticking it below the landing zone (which does give a slightly better fit), and the tape absolutely will not come off without shredding the diaper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next