www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:22 pm 
Admin

New on the market, another high end brief,FORSITE AM-PM Maximum Adult Briefs, with a claimed capacity of 4600+ mls. Available thru Agecomfort.com, a bit pricey, but all the high end units on the market are. I decided to try a bag, and they are certainly what they have claimed. Fit for a Medium is comparable to most others, tapes have a super wide landing zone, and stick VERY well. Drawbacks are that these are LOUD, cover is very thick, and wearing out doesn't leave much to the imagination that you are wearing, but it does what it was made for very well. Front panel has a blue logo on it, but not in eyesight so no harm done. Good for when you need an all day brief, but they are almost overkill for most incontinence product users. Have not seen them on any other sites, but have not gone looking either. Just wanted to pass the info on to all you guys and gals that are on the hunt for the "Next Best Thing' in diapers! ;-) Puffy (Extra puffy today!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:03 pm 

On the old high school grading scale, would you give it a passing grade? An A or B? Or would you fail it? 8)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:04 pm 

Re the diaper's claimed capacity of 4600+ mls, that probably is its rating based on the ISO 11948-1 Rothwell test. Manufacturers love that test as it makes their diaper look good, although it is wildly unrealistic.

XP Medical's rating for "Maximum Useable Capacity" is more accurate, typically being about 50% to 70% of the ISO rating for a good diaper. And even that test is very optimistic as it cannot account for the physical activities of the diaper wearer, how they pee, urine concentration, etc.

For comparison, the ConfiDry 24/7 has a ISO Rothwell rating of 4,100 ml, less than the Forsite diaper. XP Med gives the 24/7 a maximum useable capacity rating of 95 ounces.

So, any diaper that potentially is rated higher than the Dry 24/7 is worth our attention. Should be a good night-time diaper. Does anyone know the price?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:38 pm 
Admin

They go for 29.99 a bg/12 or a case of 30 runs 79.99, still up there, anything over $2 a piece, and they better be good! (Note this is a Canadian site, so CAD pricing as well) Yes, I would give them an A, they out-do the Abena M4 by a fair margin, in both fit and capacity, I could do without the plastic being so thick, mostly in the front, along with the logo, but they are not deal breakers by any means! Puffy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:13 am 

Wow, more than U.S. $2.50 each! :shock: That is too steep for me for ordinary wear. Plus, I would expect a hefty shipping cost from Canada.

However, if they were available locally, there could be times, such as during travel, when I would be willing to pay that much for an overnight diaper.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:37 am 

John and Puffy,
Wow is the word for that price, to pricey for me. But thank you for the information on this new product.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm 
Admin

Yes, they are NOT cheap, by any means, and too much for what I need at night (wore one last night, regular fluid intake, and it was only wet on the front half, nothing even made it to the backside :shock: ), but there will be days I know they will be the answer to my issues! :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:46 pm 

Just ordered a sample, I'll get back with you on my thoughts! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:50 pm 
Admin

The only thing I don't like is how thick that front panel is & the logo, but other then that, they pass all my qualifications (the tapes do stick on it VERY well though!). Noise doesn't bother me, I would rather have good fit and absorbency that anything else, just wished they were cheaper! Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:04 am 

Puffy,
I looked them up and I ordered a sample for a try. All though pricey, when I travel I could use them for at night use. That would cut down on night time coverage products I would have to pack. Thank you for the find !!