www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:34 am 

Tarlton and I made the opposite decision about informing our families of our incontinence. I too was stressed about having to "sneak around to change and hide my dirty diapers," so I told all of my family. They were very understanding and supportive. :D

Nonetheless, when I have to change I always do it as discreetly as possible. I prefer not to leave my used diapers in their trash and instead put them in my backpack to take home for disposal.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:19 am 
Admin

I try not to be embarrassed. I am incontinent due to neurological reasons and I wear Dry 24/7. My incontinence is both bladder and bowel. So diapers are my only option. I found it much easier to just tell my family than to have to worry about sneaking around. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. I have a chronic medical condition (several actually). As my doctor says, "this is my normal". I don't know any other way. Both my and my wife's immediate family knows. I'm not ashamed. I'm lucky to be alive. So I'm grateful. The diapers really don't bother me. I don't go around telling the public but I have no problem telling family. Nobody has ever made fun of me. I just find it easier to not have to hide my health issues when visiting family. It's tough keeping secrets like that. This is just my normal. It's just different from other peoples. But I know I'm not alone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:03 am 

Hi,

yes, it´s hard to assume when you start to need diapers 24/7, or even just at night (not that much, but neither easy). In the post of how I became incontinent I said that being bedwetter ´till 16 helped me because I was empathic with this problem for 24 years when I had my spinal injury. In fact, I knew a guy from school cute, intelligent and with lots of money but who needed diapers for life, and finished hanging himself. T :| :? That touched me very deep, and when the accident and the necessity of wearing them I decidad that it wasn´t going to change my routine life in anything, and even thought I wasn´t unlucky but the contrary, cause <i recovered (almost) mobility cause my injury was in L4; In L3 or upper I´d be in wheelchair (i was, but I mean I wouldn´t had recovered). And about the veeryday, as some users say, we´re a bit paranoid about the people realising we wear diapers (when they really don´t, or very very few times) and all my real friends know, and if I meet someone I prefer HE/SHE knows as soon as possible cause if they object about my diaper I don´t want to have friend so stupid like that, so, I don´t show them on the street, but I don´t tell it just to those who I know since a lot of years ago, and I go to the beach (here in Valencia we have a wonderful beach in the mediterranean sea) and I don´t hide diapers cause it´s impossible, I just put it off when I enter water, and when I quit after the shower in the car (having gone with family, girlfriend, friends....or alone) I put a Knew one and....back home!!
One time seven months ago, being in the hospital (as a patient) the pijama they gave me was too big for me and I stepped to my room in 1st floor after exiting to smoke a cigar and when I reached the last step my pants fell and EVERYONE (starting for the people that were sitting there, about 20, and a few more that were stepping after me) SAW MY DIAPERS!!! MAJORITY LOOKED AWAY SUDDENLY, OTHERS couldn´t hide the smile and a few laughed a little. but after the impacted what did I do? LAUGH ALSO!! You have to laugh of oneself, if you don´t, it´s normal you take it as a disgrace. Always remember your diaper is your underwear, as somebody with no leg wears a titanium leg and feels it´s his leg, and everyone else. And as somebody commented before, I prefer that 1 person sees me im diapers or realize I wear one, than to wet my clothes and that all people watches you sees a person who should wear a diaper and doesn´t or worse, don´t have a medical reason to be incontinent and wets himself. And in that situation it isn´t one who realize it, it´s everyone you see until you get home. so, don´t worry be happy!! (as possible at least). :D

Hope it doesn´t take long to start being confortable with yourself and your diapers. My best regards!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:49 am 

B Brian wrote:
jms wrote:
Yes, at first I was embarrassed, that I needed to wear a diaper, but now I am not.
I think the potential embarrassment of having an accident with the accompanying wet / soaked pants if I'm not wearing a diaper, to me is more embarrassed. and trust me, I have been there, being out with pee running down my legs and completely soaked pants.

This exactly.

I've also learned that a thick diaper is way less noticeable, and nowhere near as embarrassing, than a thin one that has leaked.

What he said.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 am 

It's a love / hate relationship for me, being reliant on wearing diapers 24/7.
I love being protected and not dealing with wet clothes because I failed to not wet myself.
Also a diaper does feel comfortable I must admit.
I hate having to wear diapers because, they do make me feel aware that I cannot control my bladder, as well as they sometimes are noisy, and noticeable there is the tell tale signs of a diaper bulge in my clothing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 pm 

I am not embarrassed to wear diapers. At times it is frustrating, but not embarrassing. When they leak and I get a wet spot down my leg or on my truck seat - now THAT'S embarrassing!

While I don't advertise the fact that I wear diapers, I don't go to great lengths (usually) to hide it. I am discrete when necessary, but don't want to spend the rest of my life worried about who might find out. I have a few close friends and relatives who know, and I'm pretty sure a couple of my employees know (which means they probably ALL know...LOL) but I sign their paychecks, so...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:27 am 

I couldn't have said it better Sbugles! I feel exactly the same as you except I was retired when my incontinence started so thankfully I never had co-workers to be concerned about. Obviously I'm not exactly thrilled about having to wear diapers but I am thankful that we have such great products to help us cope with our condition.

Last edited by Padded53 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:39 am 

I am not embarrassed about wearing diapers or having a medical condition. However, I would never deliberately display my underwear in public and the same applies to my diapers (which are just my underwear). It is an issue of privacy rather than embarrassment.

That being said, I will admit that when I was first incontinent I was embarrassed but grew out of that over a number of years.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm 

You guys are all real role models. I am still in the very embarrassed stage of this. I worry before I leave the house. I find it hard to relax. I pay way too much attention making sure you can’t see or hear anything. Sometimes, I think it’s all fine and I am least able to leave the house and get on with things but I still feel quite a bit of stress surrounding it all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm 

[quote="LucOllie"]You guys are all real role models. I am still in the very embarrassed stage of this. I worry before I leave the house. I find it hard to relax. I pay way too much attention making sure you can’t see or hear anything. Sometimes, I think it’s all fine and I am least able to leave the house and get on with things but I still feel quite a bit of stress surrounding it all.[/quote]

Someone once said on another forum that our issue is like having Children The first one you have your freaking out all the time. Your always on defense mode. By the time you have your 5th child your laid back. Nothing seems like that big go a deal for the most part. Sorta like been there done that lol

It gets better over time......................Sandy :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next