www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:59 am 

Has anyone tried these diapers? I see they are now available through XP medical and I was wondering if anyone had a review of them. I wore the Tena Slip Maxi when they were available, and they were comfortable. Wondering if this would be a good alternative.

Thanks!

DD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:43 pm 

I bought a case of medium a couple of weeks ago. a few days after receiving I sent for a sample of the Large.

The Large size, to me, these feel like a Medium Confidry 24/7 (my preferred)

Very good capacity. The longest I've worn is about 6 hours, though I'm certain I could have gone longer. I haven't worn overnight, usually I'll wear cloth.

I like the option of having another plastic backed diaper. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:08 pm 

These are ok not bad at all. A bit crinkly under soft jog bottoms but ok compressed under jeans. Very good absortion at least as good as the old Tena maxi. When you order you must remember the PE bit as these are the plastic backed ones.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:25 pm 

Not a bad diaper at all. It fills the gap below the Dry 24/7. Good day diaper. Slightly thicker than the old Tena Slip Maxi but thinner than Dry 24//7. Strong white plastic shell with little stretch. Plastic is crinkly but not loud. Rear elastic waistband, standing leak guards, and wetness indicator. Excellent tapes that stick aggressively. Claimed absorbent capacity in size Large is 118 oz. (3.5 liters). Some rate it higher. Considered by some to be better than Tena Slip Maxi. Cost for size large when purchased by the case from XP Med is $1.49 ea.

IMHO, the absorbency is good, but the claimed absorption may be overstated. I would compare the absorption to the Abena Abriform Level 3. Add a small booster and it lasts quite a while.

However, XP Med sells the Dry 24/7 for only a few cents more per diaper. :D

--John

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:00 pm 

These are my daytime nappy and they work really well. I use them with 2 Lille Classic Maxi boosters as my lifestyle means I have lees changing opportunities. Yes they are a little bit crinkly when at home and it's quiet but when you are out and about and fully clothed, it's unlikely they will be heard. I give them a thumbs up for daytime use but maybe not for overnight, which is when I use my Abena M4s. Hope that helps!

P.S. They appear to be some of the cheapest PE backed availiable in the UK right now and some of the best! Tena really do not fit me right at all!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 am 

Jakejames,

What is the absorbent capacity of the boosters you are adding to the diaper? As you are using two, are you placing them end-to-end? About how long does that combination last for you before changing?

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 am 

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I am going to give them a try. I was looking for a good day time weight diaper. I normally wear Dry 24/7 all the time, but figured I'd experiment with some "less bulky" diapers during the day. Appreciate the feedback!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:29 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Jakejames,

What is the absorbent capacity of the boosters you are adding to the diaper? As you are using two, are you placing them end-to-end? About how long does that combination last for you before changing?

--John

Hi John, according to the place I buy them from they hold 918ml... I use two at a time - first one is placed from the top of the rear section (where the padding ends) and the second is placed on top, from the start of the nappy padding. Normally lasts 3-5 hrs. Hope that helps :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:12 am 

Regrettably the iD slip Pe maxi cannot be purchased in Europe, only a clothback one????

Currently as my daytime diaper I use this one, a SENI super plus medium, a little tight fit, but relatively discreet and with a stuffer in it, you have an economical solution - this one is plastic backed....which I prefer, as they do a better job I think.

link below:
http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkontinen ... ung?c=7613

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:52 pm 

jms, your Seni super plus diapers are plastic backed? I wear the Seni Quatro and the Seni Super Plus, both good diapers, but mine have a breathable cloth-like backing.

--John