www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What works for me
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 pm 

I have now found the best combination of diapers that works well for me. During the day I am using Seni Quatro. Seni is a cloth backed diaper but is unlike any other cloth backed that I have ever tried. It is truly amazing and completely disappears under clothes. Overnight I am using the TotalDry (Secure) X-Plus, also an amazing diaper. Between these two diapers, I have no problems.

Post subject: Re: What works for me
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:19 am 

Jared,

Excellent choices. :D

Do you add a booster at night? When I wore disposables at night I added a booster to my 24/7, but I am a heavy wetter at night.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:27 pm 

No booster. I think the Total dry X-Plus just fit me so well I never have leaks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:50 am 

That is awesome you have the right combo that's works for you. Like John, that wouldn't hold me over night without boosters for more capacity. I bet you are sleeping better now you know the bed will be dry in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 pm 

Have the Total Dry (aka Secure X-Plus) diapers improved? For awhile they weren't that good, and I switched to the ConfiDry 24/7's.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:53 pm 
Admin

Certainly takes many of us years of trial, and wet errors to find what works, glad you found it too! :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:36 pm 

More of a rant here than a reply. Over the past 1-2 years, I have repeatedly felt like "I finally know what works for me!!!" only to have that product be discontinued. For example, I had just settled on the Abena Level 3 plastic-backed diaper for daytime use when Abena announced they were going all cloth-backed except for the Level 4 line. Those are great at night, I still use them often but they're just too bulky and don't fit me right so that I can't wear them during the day. And my skin absolutely does not tolerate cloth-backed diapers. Then Gary at XPMedical and Bambino announced they were shipping in the Tena Slip Maxi from Europe. Great!!,...except that didn't last long before Tena categorically wrecked it's best product ever. I'm now wearing Northshore Supreme Lites during the day and they're working pretty well overall (they fit comfortably, they're thin, they're quiet and they hold a reasonable amount), but not nearly as well as either the Tena or the Abena did which means I've had embarrassing leaks while I figure out what they can and cannot hold (probably the worst part of having to switch products yet again).

I get so tired of consumerism which drives the never ending need for products to be "New and Improved". In this case, I can say I don't want new and improved. I NEED tried and trusted. And is it just me or does New and Improved seldom actually mean New and Improved. From the movie The Princess Bride, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

CJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:42 pm 

CJ,

Often "new and improved" is code for cheaper to make, with higher returns for the manufacturer and a crappier product for the end user. Sad, but true.... maybe we can reverse that trend?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:44 pm 

We already have. As once-good manufacturers like Attends and Depends had gotten crappy (pun intended), other companies like ATN, Wellness, Abena, Molicare, and like made their way into our market to take over for those of us left behind. Now that they too have "improved" their designs, other companies like Northshore and Confidry have stepped up. So long as there is a demand for a good adult diaper out there, then someone will be making them. It probably won't be the same ones you're used to from before, but at least there is always and option or two.