www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cloth diaper sources
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:35 am 

Schoppy has deleted Loving Comfort from our links page. No one can seem to get thru to them and folks have had trouble getting their orders. That's too bad; I've used them in the past and been very satisfied. If they are out of business, it would be better if the website came down!

Schoppy asked for opinions on Angle Fluff. My experience is not current but it was great! Back then, they were primarily flannel diapers and their excellent prefold flannel diapers are offered in a huge variety of sizes and absorbancies. The plastic pants were predominently Gary pants. The owners are great, helpful and always responsive to questions and concerns. Unless anything has changed, you can't go wrong shopping at Angle Fluff...and they've added qauze diapers, my favorite.

I will toss in All Together Diaper Co which is now Adult Cloth Diaper Co which I discovered a number of years ago offering gauze prefolds and once you try gauze, I don't think there is any going back to birdseye or flannel. Not for me, anyway. Adult Cloth Diaper has always made top quality gauze prefolds. The standard diapers use terrycloth for soakers within the gauze outer plies but you can get all gauze, as I do. They will make just about anything for you. I have some 4-8-4 gauze diapers that I think are tops. That's four plies overall with four more plies in the center soaker section.

The plastic pants at ADC carry their own tag "ACD" but the construction and sizing suggests to me they are made by Gary. They are fine plastic pants-I just find the waist elastics a bit over aggressive for me for pants size.

Stay tuned, folks, since Paul and myself are embarking on a discovery cruise with a couple of Canadian suppliers. Paul is testing an "Indisposables" diaper while I am going to test a "Babykins" diaper, both of which are trim fit Velcro-on diapers that we hope will appeal to disposable wearers, used to tape-on convenience, that are thinking about trying cloth diapers if they can do so without a lot of hassle, as with pins!

As for cloth pull on diapers, my only experience was with Loving Comfort who made a fantastic pull on in a training pant type, followed later by a real pull on diaper with the soaker plies thru out the pant, not just in the central crotch area. But with them gone, we need to look at Paul's recommendations for pull on diapers which includes llmedico.

Keep in mind the main reason we are trying Velco-on diapers is the pull on diapers require you to undress to change. Dropping pants down to change is a lot more convenient than removing pants and shoes! to change a diaper.

Post subject: Loving Comfort
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:08 am 

I bought from Angelfluff about 6 years ago when I first became incontinent. They were one of the only sources back then. (atleast what I could find). I bought their cloth diapers and their plastic pants. The diapers lasted quite a long time and their plastic pants did OK. Since then, I've used more of Adult Diaper Company as Joe talked about. I really like their gause diapers, and their selection of plastic pants. I feel I got a better deal at ATDC. More later. ...................Paul

Post subject: Cloth Diaper Sources
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:00 am 

Just a clarification to my above post. I'm talking about Adult Cloth Diaper or ACD. They have the guaze diaper I really like. Loving Comfort had a really good pull-up night time diaper. I had bought their contour diaper for years, but they are a real pain in trying to pin on and keeping them up since they are so thick. The gauze flat diaper that ACD has is easy to pin since they are not so thick. I can keep them up. too.
I'm having great success with the Lil' Miracle diaper so far. They have some elastic at the waist and legs and the fit is greaat. They'll bend with you and not get loose. If the velcro holds up, I'll switch to these for sure!
Sorry for the wrong name in my earlier post. ...............Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 pm 

Have you tried Gabby's at 417 38th Ave. NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6R9? They are a division of Baskart Artworks, Ltd. I use their Daytimers with a couple of cloth soakers during the day and their Night Timer with a folded soaker made of an Adult Cloth Diaper Gauze night weight diaper. I have dealt with them for more than a decade and their customer service is just super great. Their website is:

http://www.gabbys.net/index.php

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am 
Admin

Anyone notice that Gabby's no longer has any cloth diapers at all listed on their site, either the All in one, or the plain that you need a cover pant with... :cry: I wonder why they stopped selling them? I liked their all in one, but am going to try the Kins next... maybe not enough of a market to keep them in their stock? :? Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:52 am 

I stop using AIO's when I became double incon, but when I was just bladder incon I used the Kins AIO's. IMO, Kins makes the best AIO on the market. I'm sure you'll like the AIO from Kins. They are that good! As I told another member of the forum, the only item I ever bought from Kins that I didn't like was their cloth diapers. Kins AIO yes, cloth diapers no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 pm 
Admin

I don't mind their cloth style, except the elastics are a bit snug until they get broken in a bit and loosen up just enough, other then that, I prefer them over the Gabby's cloth... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm 

I have not had much luck with AIOs. They are easier to use than pre-folds, but don't seen to have the same capacity oz for oz in weight. I also found them expensive for the amount of wear I have gotten from them.

I have used the ADC Birdseye and gauze pre-fold diapers over the years. The Birdseye wear longer than the gauze and are just about as soft as the gauze after a few washings. I was getting a little over a year's wear out of the these.

A couple of years ago I needed a few replacements. I decided to try CTDCs twill woven pre-folds. They are very soft after a couple of washings. In two years of regular use they show virtually no signs of wear. The original cut was a bit on the square side, but CTDC increased the length. Now they fit pretty much the same as the ADC pre-fold. It looks like these will wear longer than the ADC's and they seem to be a bit more absorbent.

Good luck finding the solution that works best for you. It took me a while, but I kept looking and experimenting.

Post subject: Re: Cloth diaper sources
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:38 pm 

Like many ppl, I am always looking for a better product that what I am using, and sometimes I find one. In short, I am a disabled vet, and I use Abena disposales in the day, and becuase I sleep on my side a lot during the night, I use cloth diapers. I have tried several different Internet retail stores in hopes of finding the "perfect" cloth diaper. I have found many good cloth diaper, but if your looking for a high quality absorbent pre-fold diaper, I would have to recommend that you try at least one of the Fetwear cloth diapers. The first purchase I made was for the "Night Weight" pre-fold birdseye diaper. I was very impressed it was everything I was looking for and then some. This is NOT some type of a hugh thick bulky diaper. Not at all. The diaper was exactly as described "Night Weight" meaning it had enough absorbency to last the night and then some. The bulk was not bad, but there was a bit of bulk to the diaper because of the extra absorbency built into the diaper.

This company also sells a "day Weight" diaper, and out of curiosity more than anything else, I decided to try this diaper too. I bought the same pre-fold birdseye diaper but in "Day Weight". To my surprise, I like this diaper better than the Night Weight diaper. I tried using this diaper at night and had no issues. It's not like I was about to sprink a diaper leak. I wanted to get a better idea of the absorbency to this day weight diaper so after wearing it all night I continued wearing it most of the morning before I became soaked and either I change, or spring a diaper leak. This diaper is exactly like the night weight diaper in every detail but it has less absorbency, and less bulk. After changing I put another day weight diaper on with cover (plastic pants), and Levi cord jeans over the diaper and cover. I am wearing this combination of items now and there is NO bulk. To say that I am pleased would be an understatement.

If you are in the market for any cloth diapers, I recommend that you buy one of the diapers described. I don't think you will be disappointed. You might want to buy one of each (Day, & Night Weight) so you can determine which is best for you.

Post subject: Re: Cloth diaper sources
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm 

Johnstone,
Thanks for the cloth diaper source. I had not considered Fetware before. I've been using Changing Times Diaper Company twill diapers for 3-4 years. After washing a few times, they seem as soft and absorbent as the birdseyes I've used. The twill does seem to wear a lot better though. I have not had one become so thread bare that it was unusable. They are about 30% to 40% cheaper than other suppliers too. The company ships quickly and reliably. Good luck with Fetware's product. They sound like a good fit for you.