www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Absorbency Plus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:01 pm 

Hi, I decided to review the Absorbency Plus level 3 diaper. I purchased these about 2 months ago and figure the next time I needed protection that I'd go disposable instead of the regular cloth that I use. Being new to daytime incontinence I just used cloth when the need arose. Now that I see that the issue is probably going to be around a while I felt it would be a good idea to find a disposable diaper for those occasions where cloth isn't practical.

I have to say that everything I've read about disposables left me a bit worried and trying store brands while on a recent vacation just reinforced the feelings. But some brands seemed to be popular here. After reviewing everything I could I went with the A+ level 3.

Seeing I would be out long enough where I would be experiencing a "problem" I wore the A+ with a cloth pull up and plastic pants over it. My thoughts were when the diaper failed I'd still be protected with my go to brief. After a time I realized I wasn't going to be able to hold back any more and I had the usual flood. Around 100ml on average from what I've found by keeping a diary.The experience in a disposable was what I thought was a total failure. I froze while it happened and moments later The diaper absorbed the liquid and felt OK. I went and checked and found everything dry on the outside. Three more floods and I became worried that I was leaking. So again checking I found everything in good shape. By this time the diaper began to feel wet. I would normally change at first opportunity at this point. But this being an "experiment" I wanted to push the A+ to the limit.

One more flood at 5 1/2 hours in and I thought for sure the diaper failed. I was amazed to find that it hadn't leaked a bit. At this point I was beyond uncomfortable but pushed the limit for another half hour. I was beginning to feel burning at the leg openings (way too long a wear). I went to clean up and when I stripped down I was shocked to that the A+ held 100%. No Leaks. WOW!

I learned that the level 3 was more than up to the demands that I put on it. It's going to take some time for me to trust any disposable but it shouldn't take long if these continue the way this one did. Once removed, it was absolutely full of polymer jelly. Obviously they don't cheat on the polymer. It also seemed to be well padded. As long as you don't push it beyond any practical limit I found it comfortable and secure for my oab/urge problems. Once removed I would guess that the A+ level 3 was holding around 1 1/2 quarts of liquid. From first use I wore six hours and had 5 episodes. I'm impressed. I wore the Medium size and found that with a 40" jean size that it was pushing the limits size wise. I popped a tape and had to loosen the diaper. The tapes are VERY strong until you try to reposition them. Then they are a little compromised. Size Large should be the preferred size for a 40" pant. I'll post when I try the large.

I have to say that there's a world of difference in disposables between store brands and what is available online. I'll definitely be adding disposables to my arsenal. The only drawback as everyone knows, is the cost. I'll still use cloth as my go to protection as the cost is a fraction of what disposables are (provided you own a washer and dryer). But for those times where I'm away from home or traveling, I'll definitely be using disposables. As of now, my choice will be the A+ level three for day use. The bulkiness is nominal and I didn't feel like I was obviously wearing a diaper. I can't imagine what the level 4 can handle. I would think it would be a super night time diaper. Well I hope this helps if you're looking for a daytime diaper, Ted

Post subject: Re: Absorbency Plus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:09 pm 

Ted,

The combination of cloth plus quality disposables should serve you well. Congratulations on experimenting and finding something that works for you.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:27 pm 

Yeah, the A+ diapers are pretty well on par with Abena X-plus. The are certainly ok diapers for sure, though there is still better out there (for their cost).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:07 pm 

I tried the A+ but they didn't work for my body type (dang thick thighs) but it is great that they worked for you!!!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:42 pm 

I found the med. a bit small I think the large will work much better, I'll let you guys know. Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:02 pm 

Ted wrote:
I found the med. a bit small I think the large will work much better, I'll let you guys know. Ted

Just glad they're working for you! :)

Marcus Aurelius