www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Lil" Miracle Diaper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:17 pm 

I have tried a new cloth diaper made by a Cananda manufacturer. They have a contour diaper that uses velcro to fasten with that I really like. It comes in the basic white, but you can order it in some nice prints(a little too juvenile for me), The prints do cost about $2.00 more and can take a little longer to get. They generally have the white in stock.
The fit is excellent and with the velcro fastener, you can a snug fit. It's probably not ideal for a heavy wetter, but by adding some cloth baby diapers as a booster, it works great.
I also tried their breathable nylon pants. It is very soft and completely noiceless. I've seen nothing like this on other websites.
Their website adress is "www.mylilmiracle.com". Check out their site. I am very pleased with their diaper! ....................Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:56 am 

Paul,
Nice find! Thank you! I had Quality Care waterproof pants way back, before I discovered Dura Lion and Kins. Kins as you know is the Adult line for Baby-Kins.

The breathable nylon pants are great for summer heat. The "waterproof" pants are a heavier version of the breathable, ie a thicker application of the waterproofing to the nylon pant. At least, that's what I remember.

Then I lost track of them. A great Canadian company. That brief you are trying looks good. I just wonder about the hook and loop fastening. I've not had good experience in the past. Hook and loop did not stand up to laundering and I ended up using diaper pins-which defeats the convenience of getting hook and loop fastening.

However, they are using Velcro (the real McCoy) hook and loop fastening, so it may stand up well. If yours survives twenty laundry cycles, it will be most encouraging.

I'm also thinking this might be a good alternative for Sandy and anyone else comtenplating getting into cloth diapers. IF the hook and loop holds up, it will provide a great, secure fit-like diaper pins but without the hassle-and be an improvement on the pull on diaper that will sag as it gets wet and heavy and the elastic waist can't really hold it up in place.

Please, wear it a lot so you can get it thru a bunch of laundry cycles to report back on how the Velcro (TM reg) is working out!

Post subject: Let Brew's Group know
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:10 am 

Hey, Paul, if you would be so kind....please post your message about mylilmiracle on the Yahoo Group. I am encouraged that you found a cloth diaper nearly as convenient to wear as a pull on! And, in the event a change on the go is necessary, the hook and loop fastening trumps the pull on since you don't need to undress to change!

You may wish to point out a Yahoo member (Michael) models that diaper in the Photo section where he includes a contact name and the phone number at Mylilmiracle.

JoeK

Post subject: My Lil' Miracle diaper
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:51 am 

Joe,
I posted on the Yahoo site as requested. The picture in the photo section of Michael is where I first saw this diaper. I thanked him in my post for the modeling.
I've been tempted, but never have used a velcro fastening system with a diaper. I'll keep up with the washings and report back to you. Thanks for the comments! ...............Paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:43 am 

Thank you very much, Paul!

As for hook and loop fastening, my experience was bad but it was years ago and quite possibly not Velcro brand-the original. The diapers were quality and had "keepers" that you covered the hook and loop fastening when the diaper came off and was to be laundered. But even with that, it was only a few launderings before the hook and loop lost it's grip.

I am thankful that you are doing this experiment! If sucessful, we can talk up the "Velcro on" diaper as a good or even better subsitute for the pull on diaper.

I've not heard anything yet from Loving Comfort, but then, I'm sure not holding my breath.

Maybe Sandy wants to hold off the "trying cloth" until you can recommend the Lil Miracle diaper, once it survives a bunch of launderings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:25 pm 

If I was to wear cloth during the day would it not be better to use one with a Velcro fastener? The pull on briefs would be allot more work to change. Then again I should maybe hold off and just try the cloth at night. Or maybe just hold off till we find out what a miracle diaper is?
................Sandy

Post subject: Velcro diaper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:55 am 

SANDY
I answered most of your question in the other post. But to add to your comment, I would say the velcro diaper I'm using would be excellent during the day. I use cloth durung the days, but only on weekends. I use the pull up type and I have to pull my pants off to change. That's a hassle. As I wear out my supply of these pull up diapers, I will switch to the Velcro type. I guess if you're wearing a dress, a pull up is not so bad. But I really think you wear pants more often.
I might even consider going to cloth at work if the velcro diaper works out.
Well anyways, that's my two cents worth! ................Paul

Post subject: Lil Miracle diaper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:12 pm 

An update on this new diaper:
This velcro diaper has now gone through about 2 dozen washings. Everything has held up well. The only problem is the velcro sewn on the front is a little loose. If you are carefull how you pull on the velcro when you take the diaper off, you'll have no problem. I'll have to add a little sewing to make it a little tighter at some time.
As far as the fit, they are very comfortable. they are easy to put on and pull off. When I do take them off to change, I just slip them down and leave the velcro strips attached. I'll wash them that way so the velcro won't try to attach to other diapers in the wash load.
As far as protection, I believe the fill in between the flannel outside is a poly fill. It is not as super absorbant as terry cloth would be. I do add the cloth baby diaper as an insrt for added protection which works fine.
I will definantly buy more. If I am correct about the poly filll with in the diaper, that would explain why they dry so fast in the dryer. I will recommend these to anyone for day use or night use. .....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:34 pm 

Thanks for the link, Paul. I was just looking at their light incontinent brief and like what I see. I was thinking earlier about the comfort I get from wearing a Kins terry-lined polyester pant over my Abena disposables and this pant from Quality Care looks good, too.
I wore cloth for years but switched to disposables perhaps five years ago, as much for the convenience as for the comfort and fit. Diapers meant to fit me leaked too much so I learned to wear the next size larger. Then I found that lined pant from Kins - I was buying my cloth diapers from them before. When the disposable leaks, which it does maybe once a week, the overpant protects things.
I have become a big "fan" of peace of mind. It's is wonderful not to worry any more, or even care. I have found a system that is ultimately reliable, 100% of the time, and which is workable and convenient, as well. I like those new pants, maybe I'll get me some. Happy New Year, one and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 am 

Paul,
Glad to have been some help! I still wear both disposables and cloth diapers. You're right about disposables being convienent. I just had a four day weekend, and spent the whole time in cloth diapers. Today, back at work, I'm in a disposable again. I was sorta glad to have it on and not worry about changing from cloth. I guess I just get in different moods sometimes. Generally, I prefer to be in cloth all the time. Disposables help break the pattern. Thanks for your reply! ......Paul Martin