www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:50 am 

Wetters, do NOT do that.
Instead, if this Zenute is indeed doing this, ask Schoppy to remove HIS account.

Porkchop
Quote:
Did you ever find out if they sat on it for two months, or if they didn't discover it for two months?

Did you not see 2 posts above, where I answered that?

Scott902 wrote:
Quote:
On August 24, 2015, NorthShore Care Supply learned of a possible security incident involving it's online ordering website.

I wrote that, as I read it, just replacing the "we" they used in letter, with the "NorthShore Care Supply" I used in my post.

To clarify, and put it more simply:

They stated that they DISCOVERED the breach on AUGUST 24, 2015.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:08 pm 

Wetters, if you are still here, no criticism toward you or anyone else has ever been intended, only to express my experience, information that may be helpful, and yes, sometimes frustration, but never at you. I don't know you. You don't know me. There is no reason I would target you. In fact, in the past, I have tried to help you as one of the few other fellow women here. I'm sorry that you have been perceiving criticism from me from what appears to be some time. I had no idea. If one doesn't know people, online tone is difficult to interpret at times, and living with incon, sometimes other medical conditions and the usual stresses and time demands of human life can be tough-- and sometimes come out the wrong way.

Again, no offense whatsoever has ever been intended. I had no idea you had such feelings regarding me. I apologize. There is no reason for you to leave on account of me. I am posting this publicly so everyone is aware. I will try to PM you, but if you are already gone, I would ask that Schoppy or whomever has access to your contact information please let you know what I have said here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:33 pm 

[quote="Scott902"]Wetters, do NOT do that.
Instead, if this Zenute is indeed doing this, ask Schoppy to remove HIS account.

Scott, I'm a woman. As I've posted below and privately to Wetters, I had no idea that she has been perceiving me as targeting her for criticism. I have no reason to to so, and I have not done so, but if she feels that way, I have apologized. I hope she will not leave the forum. I have been a member of this forum for four years, and while I am not here every day, I have always tried to share my experience and information constructively like anyone else, which I hope my post history will show. I have linked this forum to my own website for a related medical condition for which my identity and contact information are readily available (i.e., I am not a troll.) and have referred people here. As a moderator of another group, I respect that it is the moderator's decision, but to my knowledge, I have not done anything to violate group rules. It is a miscommunication between me and Wetters of which I was completely unaware until just now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 am 

Scott,

Nope, totally missed it so thanks for clarifying! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:11 pm 

I recieved a similar letter.. and woudlnt't you know it... I did indeed place an order during the time in quesiton, or rather, I had my mom place it for me since I did'nt have computer access and it was after regular business hours for phone ordering.. I ordered some Delta Form briefs.

So yeah, I guess when I got hte letter it didnt register with me that I should have been informed immediately about the breach..but in my case, it was a moot point since my card got canceled anyway for an unrelated fraud activity.. someone in Texas tried to use my card number to rent a car...but who knows.. maybe they got my number off northsore care and went to texas and tried to rent a car. As far as i know, I'm safe. USAA does a good job in letting me know if they suspect activity. I have had my card canceled twice because of fraudulent activity. As unfortunate and inconvinenent as it is, I would rather have my card canceled than have a bunch of charges on my card that I didn't do.

Wow, this does pose a problem for me. I was relying on Northshore care briefs for a long time when i was at camp. They seemed to be comforable for me during camp, but now they are bulky and stiff and uncomfotable.. and i think are giving me rashes on the inside of my thighs..so I think when they run out..I will go with another option... most likely a case of Abena X-Plus from XP medical, and probably Seni quatro for the brethable option...

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:57 pm 

Rob, tell me about this Seni diaper? I haven't heard of it before!!!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:48 pm 

Gladly Mike!

The Seni Quatro is a European import brief sold exclusively (as far as i know) by Gary at XP Medical. http://www.xpmedical.com/seni_quatro.html
It used to be that these were only available at certin times during the year, because Gary could only keep them in stock for so long. But in a recent email conversation, he told me that he is planning on keeping the Seni Quatro in stock from now on, which is good news for us customers. I plan to be a customer of Gary's for a VERY long time, especially in light of this security debacle with Northshore care.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:30 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
Gladly Mike!

The Seni Quatro is a European import brief sold exclusively (as far as i know) by Gary at XP Medical. http://www.xpmedical.com/seni_quatro.html
It used to be that these were only available at certin times during the year, because Gary could only keep them in stock for so long. But in a recent email conversation, he told me that he is planning on keeping the Seni Quatro in stock from now on, which is good news for us customers. I plan to be a customer of Gary's for a VERY long time, especially in light of this security debacle with Northshore care.

Peace out!

Rob

Thanks, I will look into it.... though I doubt the VA will cover them. :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:09 pm 

I received this letter as well. I actually did have fraudulent charges to my credit card this July (right as we were closing on our house, fantastic timing >.<) and had ordered from Northshore within the affected dates.

I closed the credit card account immediately and filed the appropriate claims with my credit card company. The fraudulent charges were wiped from my account and I was promptly issued a new card. This has happened to me once before when, a few months after the fact, Monoprice disclosed that they had had a breach. I placed an order with them within the affected date range, so I can only assume...

Sadly this is the trade off when ordering online. Even the best online security measures are not above being hacked.

According to my letter Northshore did auto enroll everyone affected in some sort of theft protection program, which is nice, though it was a little late to help me. Ultimately no monetary harm done to me, apart from some time spent on the phone with my bank.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:35 am 

Porkchop,

It is worth your time to use the search function here for "Seni Quatro" as there has been quite a bit of discussion of this diaper.

It is, IMHO, the best breathable available in the U.S. Sags less than other breathables and has max total capacity of 128 ounces.

VA definitely will not cover this European-manufactured diaper. Also, it is not cheap.

Now, back to original topic.

--John