www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:43 pm 

October 8, 2015 They wrote a letter, which I just got on the 13th.
The letter informs:

On August 24, 2015, NorthShore Care Supply learned of a possible security incident involving it's online ordering website.

They say the incident may have resulted in my Name, email, debit card number, verification code and the card's expiration date, being nabbed by someone.

Yet, they did not THINK to inform the card holders, until ALMOST 2 months later?!?!?!

What the HECK kind of company is that? Forget them. I will NEVER order from them again.

Not only that, but once the card holder finds out, Lord help them, as he's a disabled veteran, who is not going to take this as easy as I have, and trust me, I let them have it in their live chat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:25 pm 

Scott, I likely shouldn't be surprised at their irresponsible attitude. I'm guessing that they didn't offer to provide free credit monitoring.

NorthShoreAdam seems to be a stand-up guy, but I'm sure his authority is limited as to what he can do for his customers.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with all of that.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:30 pm 

They did set up an identity theft thing from some place, not have letter open right now, but that's a little too late, especially almost 2 months after the incident.

That's what burns me the most. That they felt the card holders, their customers, the people that PAY them to order their stuff, and to do it securely, did not deserve to know, RIGHT away, so they could secure their cards with their banks/credit companies.

That is seriously, bad business, and I already am preparing a report for the BBB, as well as contacting lawyers, to see what can be done, to deal with this gross negligence shown by NorthShore.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:35 pm 

I agree - time is of the essence as to identity theft, and they shouldn't have waited at all to give their customers a heads-up. I hope the damage is minimal and fixable. Hopefully your info wasn't stolen.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:42 pm 

Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System

Filed on : October 13 2015

Filed by :
Scott (REST NOT DISCLOSED)

Filed against :
NorthShore Care Supply
1200 Barclay Blvd
Buffalo Grove IL 60089-4500

Complaint Description:
Quote:
October 8, 2015 They wrote a letter, which I just got on the 13th. The letter informs: On August 24, 2015, NorthShore Care Supply learned of a possible security incident involving it's online ordering website. They say the incident may have resulted in my Name, email, debit card number, verification code and the card's expiration date, being nabbed by someone. Yet, they did not THINK to inform the card holders, until ALMOST 2 months later?!?!?! They did set up an identity theft thing from some place, but that's a little too late, especially almost 2 months after the incident. They felt the card holders, their customers, the people that PAY them to order their stuff, and to do it securely, did not deserve to know, RIGHT away, so they could secure their cards with their banks/credit companies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 pm 

With many of these type of security breaches, the company in question may not be aware until months down the road, when they stumble across the digital footprints of the crooks.

Are you sure they sat on it for 2 months, or is it possible they just found out recently themselves?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:49 pm 

Quote:
On August 24, 2015, NorthShore Care Supply learned of a possible security incident involving it's online ordering website.

I wrote that, as I read it, just replacing the "we" they used in letter, with the "NorthShore Care Supply" I used in my post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:13 am 

Wetters wrote:
Scott, I likely shouldn't be surprised at their irresponsible attitude. I'm guessing that they didn't offer to provide free credit monitoring.

NorthShoreAdam seems to be a stand-up guy, but I'm sure his authority is limited as to what he can do for his customers.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with all of that.

Wetters

I buy from NorthShore Care occasionally, but not directly, just through Amazon.com when the price is good. It is usually better than their prices on their own site, and sometimes better than XP, and faster also in my region of the country. I have not received the referenced letter, because Amazon takes care of the payment, assuming one is willing to buy from Amazon.

If it is the same Adam, according to a brochure I received in my most recent shipment, Wetters, Adam is the "company founder" not some low level employee, and his authority should not be "limited."

Just FYI.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:58 am 

Did you ever find out if they sat on it for two months, or if they didn't discover it for two months?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:06 am 

zenute, I've had enough of your criticism, and you don't seem to pick apart anyone else's posts. I don't want to be fodder for your gristmill anymore, so "FYI", I'm going to ask Schoppy to delete my membership in the forum. I'll miss almost everyone else here, but since I can't make you go away or be less critical, it's the way it must be. The forum will be a better place with me not here to enable and bring out the worst in you.

Wetters