www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dumb question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:27 pm 

I think most would say that the diapers that work best for them are the best to use. Some love cloth diapers some like disposable diapers and then it goes to what brand or type of those you find works best. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:13 am 

Papa,
I believe every person who needs to wear a diaper for incontinence finally will end up in a diaper that works best for them. It took me a number of years to settle in on a particular type and style. It was a lot of trial and error. I personnally found a good daytime disposable diaper for and several cloth diaper/plastic pants combinations at night.
Every person needs to have their own view on what works best for them. This board provides a world of information and help from fellow members on how to deal with incontinence. There's really no need to push anybody to wear a particular brand or type of diaper. We're all here just to help. I hope I shed a little light on your question!
Best of Luck!!! Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:50 am 

I'm a disposable person myself but after talking with Paul I may try the cloth if I can find a good deal on some..................Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:25 pm 
Sandy,
I am happy to see you, a disposable diaper person, actually saying you might consider cloth! Super!

May I assume you've looked at our Primer, perhaps perused sections of interest to you in both disposables and cloth categories.

It seems to me relatively few incons are into cloth 24/7 since bulk and concealment are important issues. Yeah, a few of us (me included) wear cloth 24/7 including going to work. And a good many of us wear disposables 24/7 primarily, IMO, due to not wanting any part of diaper laundry hassles.

But there are many who wear disposables by day for ease of changing and ease of concealment who wear cloth at night when bulk and concealment are not factors, whereas a dry bed is the main concern and easily acheived with cloth but somewhat more difficult to acheive with disposables!

I must stress here, as in the Primer, adequate cloth is the real secret to the success of cloth diapering. Be very careful with the "training pants" and we have a supplement on this garment in the Primer. Inadequate cloth diapering will have the same poor performance as disposables.

If you do try cloth, Sandy, I would really appreciate your letting the Board know what you think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:00 pm 

Hey JoeK
I think you mentioned you go 24 hours in cloth diapers. I use cloth diapers every night, and have gotten in cloth diapers over the weekends. I spent this last week-end doing some helpfull work at my daughters rented house, so I brought along a spare cloth diaper in case it went too long. Sure enough, about 2 hours before I was done, my diaper was pretty wet. It takes a little thinking to do a cloth diaper change at someones home other than your own, but I worked it out. I use the thick pull-up diapers with a baby diaper insert. It'll last about 3 to 4 hours. Only draw back is I have to take my pants off to change. My pin-on diapers are a little too bulky to wear.
How do you manage this a work? I work in an office and I can't go around with a diaper bag at work. How do you carry your soiled diaper back home for a washing? I would probably have to change twice during the day if I wore cloth to work. I woulg love to be in cloth 24/7 but it would be tough. Only one other person at my office knows I wear diapers. ...Paul