www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Tena diaper
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:59 am 

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new Tena diaper. They have a plastic center panel, but cloth like material on the side panels. I am looking for something a little more discreet to wear under dressier pants, but still absorbent. I usually wear ConfiDry 24/7, but would like to try something a little thinner if possible. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New Tena diaper
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:43 pm 

dp66,

I ordered some of the new Tena's and they are supposed to arrive today. I will post a review in a few days.

Fortunately, I still have over a case of the old plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxi's, but I reserve those for use with dress trousers when I need something highly absorbent but very discreet.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:33 pm 

Where are you seeing these for sale?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:46 pm 

Wetdad,

If you mean the new Tena, XP Med has them. Bought by the case they are $1.69 each.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:20 am 

I have tried them, and I must say these new Tena's are probably the most shitty diaper I have ever tried.
The wings tear easily, the plastic (center of the diaper) comes undone after one wetting, meaning you have wet fluff all around.

I ended up throwing them out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:16 pm 

Although I am a big fan of the Tena Slip Maxi's, my first trial of the new TSMs with the breathable wings was disappointing. :( A side wing completely tore off of the first diaper I tried to put on. I was not pulling too hard. Disturbing, but probably just a manufacturing defect.

My second observation is that they fit slightly smaller than the all-plastic shell TSMs. I know, because I still have more than a case of the all-plastic TSMs. :D Being smaller, both of tapes would not reach the front plastic taping panel. I reinforced the tapes with duct tape.

The overall diaper seems a little thinner than the all-plastic version. The very material of the wings was so thin as to be almost wispy. On a positive note, this diaper will appeal to many women as it is so discreet as to permit them more choice of stylish clothing.

I did not measure the absorbency, but the diaper held 3 wettings without leaking. :D Absorbency probably is equal to the former version. However, the diaper does sag much more than the all-plastic version. With 3 wettings it sagged significantly. So much sagging probably would have contributed to a leak. However, I wore a support garment to support the diaper. I think that is very important with most of the breathable cloth-like shell diapers.

For the time being I will reserve judgement. However, my initial reaction is that the new breathable Abena now may be the better of the two diapers. I will add that neither of those diapers is as good as the Super Seni Quatro from XP Medical.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm 

Another side wing tore off of a new Tena diaper. :( This time I was not even putting the diaper on, merely activating it and shaking it out.

Unless I got a bad batch, I think this indicates that the new Tena is significantly more fragile than the previous all-plastic shell diaper and even more fragile than its Abena competition.

I do not over-tighten a diaper, but I want it as snug as is practical. This is of particular importance with a breathable due to the extra stretch and sag as the diaper absorbs urine. For those who use and discard after one wetting this may not matter, but that would be a waste of the absorbent capacity of this diaper.

Due to the difficulty of obtaining a snug fit, I think it will be very necessary with the Tena to wear compression pants or a onesie for support.

In contrast, the Seni breathable diapers stretch less and are more sturdily constructed

--John