www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:42 am 

Hi all,
Thanks for the enthusiastic replies. It seems I'm not doing so bad reading all feedback. Being incontinent and finding a way to live with it is a continuous journey. I do use on a regular basis cloth diapers. They are not tight to the body and are therefore in a way relaxing. To be able to open and close my diapers on a regular basis when I go to the toilet I use the (belt type) diaper Seni Optima Plus (I live in Europe). But as many of us, I never think I've found the optimum solution, so that's why a forum like this one is such a great thing. Last week I wrote emails to the main supplies in Europe and asked samples of their night diapers. They arrive now almost on a daily basis. And you are right, the more premium brand have better reusable sticky tapes. I have to see if I can develop an easy routine to put them on and take them off. Belted diapers seem to be much easier, but maybe it's that in not used to it. We continue our journey and I love that we can share our experiences and battles.
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:39 pm 

Hi Bob,
Euron has a belted diaper that works pretty well, if you get the max absorbency version. They don't work well if you are a side sleeper however.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:51 pm 

I would suggest this magical thing called Duct tape or even packaging tape works wonderful.
Like when I wear dry 24/7 the tapes are absolutely lousy and so I would use some packing tape to reinforce them. The plastic is strong enough I can often refasten several times without tearing.