www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:09 am 

As you know I have a suprapubic catheter in place with a leg bag for urine collection.
I am now pleased and happy with this system and glad I had it done but it's nit perfect. From time to time I get bypassing and urinate through my penis. This is not often and normaly not a problem. However a few weeks ago I was at my local supermarket and while getting into the wheelchair I wet myself. I decided to go into the shop and I put a shopping basket on my knee which covered up the wet patch. I headed to the diaper section and thought I need to buy some protection because it might happen again so whats the largest kids diaper they do. I saw these dry nights pajama pants for 8 to 15 year old boys. I think in the US they are called good nights.
I put a packet in the basket and got the some other things paid and then went to the disabled toilet where I removed my wet shorts and dried them under the hand drier. My under wear was very wet so I put them in the bin. I took out a pair of the pajama pants which were boyish not babyish and stretched them and found that they went on ok. I now wear them from time to time if I am out and about. They do not hold a great amount but are comfy and very discreet. And also they are less expensive. I am 34 inch waist so for occasional wetters you might want to consider them. They do a girls one as well.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:41 am 

I also use the girl drynites on occasion, and find that they are adequate for my needs. They are easy to pull up and down, if and when I can make it to a toilet, and are easier to remove than the tena pants, as you can just tear the side seams and dispose of better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:42 am 

Also they are a bit cheaper, which saves me a bit of money.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:34 pm 

Wow, it must be nice to be that skinny!! Go you two!!!

Marcus Aurelius