www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:58 pm 

Hi, batman and zenute. Sorry for the late replies - I've been out of town since Thursday of last week and just got home. batman, I would call the Prevail pads moderate in thickness. Not flat by any means. About 1/4 inch thick. I started using them for my daytime urge incontinence as a cheaper alternative to absorbent underwear when I needed to switch to Abri-Flex pull-ups for night wear.

zenute, I'm sorry that my post was unclear. I have an intermittent OAB/overflow thing going on that I call "Wetapalooza". It starts just after I void before getting into bed for the night and it lasts to about midday the following day. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's frequent enough that I need to address it. I don't think it's a chronic UTI, as I don't have symptoms other than frequent urges that come every 10 minutes or so, and I have small (voluntary) voids into my nighttime pull-up until I fall asleep. I simply cannot get out of bed every 10 minutes to void into the toilet. I also have a middle-of-the-night wetting, and that makes for a significant volume for the pull-up to absorb. I don't want the need to get out of bed to change a full and uncomfortable pull-up that's in danger of leaking or already has. I didn't mean to suggest that Abri-Flex is inadequate. They are in fact more than adequate for me most of the time. However, IMHO, the padded area on all pull-ups should extend to the waistband in front.

Wetters

P.S.: batman - I buy them at our local chain pharmacy. At least one of our 2 Kroger-owned grocery stores carry them as well, under their store-brand name (but it's the very same pad). They are made by First Quality Products, Inc. in PA. If you see that name on the package, I'm guessing it's Prevail pads made for a particular store with the store's name on the package.

P.S.: zenute, I don't wear plastic pants, either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:29 pm 

No need to apologize, Wetters. Just observing and giving other datapoints. As far as pull on styles go, I think Abena is the best, but it does have its drawbacks-- very bulky and hot in the summer and as you know, not inexpensive either.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:02 am 

zenute wrote:
No need to apologize, Wetters. Just observing and giving other datapoints. As far as pull on styles go, I think Abena is the best, but it does have its drawbacks-- very bulky and hot in the summer and as you know, not inexpensive either.

I tried Abena pulls ups when I first started having problems, only to discover they leaked just as mush as any other pull up.

After the first embarressment about having to resort to diapers, I did go the tape diaper route, though I would prefer not having to wear, tape diapers have given me my freedom back. Pull ups, didn't!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:16 am 

I do agree Dry 24/7 are not as impressive as I was initially led to believe. They probably used to be better. But I have had many problem with the dry 24/7 from tape failures to major sagging and it often feels uncomfortably soggy after a while even though the diaper is nowhere even close to half capacity (wicking issue i guess)
Haven't had a single dry 24/7 that did not give me tape issues.
Ever since I switched mostly to Northshore, I have not had many problems at all. The Northshores feel far dryer and wick like 10x better than the dry 24/7.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:22 pm 

kdlstar wrote:
I do agree Dry 24/7 are not as impressive as I was initially led to believe. They probably used to be better. But I have had many problem with the dry 24/7 from tape failures to major sagging and it often feels uncomfortably soggy after a while even though the diaper is nowhere even close to half capacity (wicking issue i guess)
Haven't had a single dry 24/7 that did not give me tape issues.
Ever since I switched mostly to Northshore, I have not had many problems at all. The Northshores feel far dryer and wick like 10x better than the dry 24/7.

That's odd, my experience between the Northshore and the 24/7 are the opposite of yours. Guess body type really does make a difference...

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 pm 

You may find this suprising, but i think of the times a premium diaper leaked on me, that I can think of, and we are talking a leak that is visible on my pants, not one that was abosrbed by the bodystocking, I was wearing Confidry at least 2 or 3 of the times. I think it had mainly to do with how the diaper sealed against my legs. Someetimes I have a hard time applying right and getting a good seal. Most of the time, ConfiDry does well. its just that once I have it on, id better plan to leave it on until its time to change. That posed a problem when it came to working, because I was pulled to be in the pool at adult camp, and I told my boss, with my incon, I CAN'T be suddenly called to go to pool. The tapes don't always stick on confi dry.

I had a Molicare leak on me, but I was proably using it to more than its capacity.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:18 am 

It is interesting to observe our different reactions to the same diaper. Of course, the shape of our individual anatomies is one factor.

I have had excellent experience with the ConfiDry Dry24/7. It is my primary diaper.

That being said, sometimes I will receive a case that is much stiffer than the previous case. I would surmise that some have been in warehouse storage much longer than others. Perhaps where we purchase our diapers and whether by the package or by the case has some affect on this?

--John

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:51 am 

JD, why would the package vs the case make a difference in the diaper?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm 

Porkchop,

Sometimes individual packages and cases are shipped from different warehouses, with the possibility that one has been in a hot warehouse longer than the other. That particularly can affect tapes. Excessive storage time also can contribute to the overly stiff mat that some diapers get.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:28 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Porkchop,

Sometimes individual packages and cases are shipped from different warehouses, with the possibility that one has been in a hot warehouse longer than the other. That particularly can affect tapes. Excessive storage time also can contribute to the overly stiff mat that some diapers get.

--John

Does this include in our houses? Should I rotate the older bags to the front when a new case arrives?

Marcus Aurelius