www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: north shore vs xp?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:16 am 

Which do you find better?
I'm getting ready to place my order and can't decide between north shore and xp level 4.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: north shore vs xp?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:09 pm 

That really comes down to what fits you best. I find Northshore fits me pretty well but other brands are a little more comfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 pm 

I have used both the Abena M4 diaper for about 5 yrs,, and the Northshore diaper for about a year. Both diapers have a good fit, but it really comes down to personal preference between the two diapers. I DO think the Northshore is a tad more absorbent than the Abena M4, but that is just my opinion. If you really want to know the difference for yourself, order samples, or just a package of each and my your own decision. This is really a difficult one to call in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:22 pm 

I go between the northshore and the dry 24/7 personally. I use both and they both fit well and work well for my use. I use the northshore for daytime use and the 24/7 for overnight.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 pm 

msshendo wrote:
I go between the northshore and the dry 24/7 personally. I use both and they both fit well and work well for my use. I use the northshore for daytime use and the 24/7 for overnight.

I tried the sample of the North Shore they sent me and was disappointed. The side of the diaper tore while my wife helped me put it on, and I couldn't retape it after utilizing the facilities for a bowel movement like I could with the Dry 24/7. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:55 am 

I'm very surprised that many posters who use the Northshore brand brief find it high quality. I used their newish house brand Flex Supreme pull ons for a couple of months a while back, and I can't imagine it is of significantly lesser quality than their own house brand brief.

They claim the pull on is more absorbent than Abena, Tranquility and basically everything else. Maybe if you sit down, don't move for several hours and just leak slowly. But most people don't do that all day and all night. I am not even fully incon, I do use the toilet, but have some degree of minor leaking several times daily as well as unpredictable floods. I was in the correct size, flooding out the left leg hole even for a moderate leak, whether sitting, standing or lying down. (female, so nothing to adjust direction.) As Porkchop said, it tears easily from normal pulling on, pulling off, holes after several hours from just wearing it, even if still dry, rough, uncomfortable texture, SAP particles on my body. The other high end premiums don't do that at all, although they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I wanted very much to like Northshore as I had bought other brands and products from them in the past, I wanted something less expensive, less bulky and U.S. made, as a backup brand to the excellent, unparalleled Abena that is nevertheless imported, expensive and bulky. But it was very disappointing and shoddy, performing little better than much less expensive low and midrange brands that do not have to be ordered online by the case from a medical supplier. If I could get away with that kind of product, I would, but I am a professional who works in front of hundreds of members of the public every day and need something that if I leak, even catastrophically, no one will know.

As a supplier, I like Northshore as one of the options. I also like XP. I will buy other products from them again when their price is best. But I will not buy the Northshore Flex Supreme again unless it is redesigned and considerably better quality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:08 pm 

Zenute,

Glad I wasn't alone in not liking their diaper! I thought I might get stoned for the sacrilege!! 8) I am still looking for a daytime diaper, tried the other popular Wellness brand but it broke my skin out in hives, so for now its the bulky 24/7's during the day too. Ugh, wonder if the ConfiDry has a daytime diaper? Now I think I will go check into that!!! :?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:26 pm 

Both are very good products. Re differences, do note that the NorthShore brief has internal standing leak guards while the XP Med A+ brief does not.

As both are well-constructed diapers, the internal standing leak guards primarily will of interest to those who are fecally incontinent. However, they also are helpful for those who are urinary incontinent and tend to flood.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:18 am 
Admin

I wish the XP Med A+ brief had standing leg gathers.
Now that would be a great diaper.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:57 am 

I was underwhelmed by the Northshore pullups. They leaked for me so often that they just weren't worth the effort. The Abena pullups are still my favorite in a pullup. Though I do like the Northshore Care diapers- a little thick but very effective.