www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rearz Inspire diaper
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:09 pm 

Rearz.com has begun distributing their Inspire and Spoiled brand diapers to various outlets in southern Ontario, including Glen Erin Pharmacy in Mississauga and agecomfort.com (amongst others).

I bought a bag of 12 of the Inspire diapers from Glen Erin Pharmacy yesterday. They tell me that the Inspire and Spoiled products are identical except that the Spoiled product has a colourful print of little feet all over the plastic cover.

I've tried a couple of the Inspire diapers including overnight last night. It's an extremely high-capacity product similar to ComfiCare or Comfidry 24/7, much higher capacity than Abena Level 4. As the diaper absorbs moisture, it swells up a great deal and becomes squishy in front. It's a great overnight diaper but not something I would want to wear outside the house.

The plastic cover on the diaper is very thick and strong, the thickest and strongest outside cover that I've ever seen on a diaper. The cover is quite noisy when you first put the diaper on but quiets down as your body heat warms the plastic. There is a tape landing zone in front which permits adjusting the position of the tapes. As the diaper fills up, it becomes quite heavy and challenges the holding capacity of the tapes, especially the bottom ones.

Post subject: Re: Rearz Inspire diaper
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:28 pm 

Wow.... Those are expensive.... I spend a lot of money annually on diapers... But at almost 3 dollars a diaper and 3-4 changes a day that would be almost 3,650 dollars a year. No thank you. Besides, over the years I have grown weary of companies touting fast aquisition times. Every diaper can fail,.. Even the expensive ones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:12 pm 

Inconimiss, how much do the Inspire diapers cost? You said that they are more absorbent than an Abena L4 and that is impressive.

For overnight use I usually wear a ConfiDry 24/7 or Abena L4 with a North Shore Care booster pad. Would the Inspire diapers cost more those diapers plus a booster pad?

--John

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:19 pm 

I did some research and can answer my own question. In the U.S. the Rearz Inspire diapers cost $2.60 each, when purchased by the case.

The cost per diaper is high, but they hold a maximum of 4,500 to 5,000 ml - 4.5 to 5 Liters!

Re cost, that is close to what I pay for a ConfiDry 24/7 or Abena L4 in size Large, plus a medium North Shore Care booster.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:10 pm 

Cost of Inspire diapers: I paid $33 for a bag of 12. That's $2.75 each, which is about twice as much as I pay for my Abena M4s. Keep in mind that I'm paying in Canadian dollars, which are currently worth a little less than $0.80 U.S. A big advantage for me of buying from a local pharmacy is that I don't have to pay any shipping costs.

The Inspires are an impressive product, but I won't be using them very often. An Abena M4 usually keeps my bed dry unless I've been out drinking. I just like trying new products from time to time.

I doubt that it would be worth paying to ship them into the U.S. My guess is that they are similar to the house brands sold by North Shore and XP Medical, which I haven't tried because of the cost of shipping products from the U.S. into Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 pm 

JD your boosters are .80-1.00 each?
Might make sense. They only work to me if they can beat dry24/7 x2. I go through 3-4 per day. These would have to essentially be 1-2 per day to warrant the uptick in cost.

I might see how much it costs and experiment with it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:16 am 

Seriously? 128+ oz per diaper! (And that is just at 4 liters not 4.5 -5) 8.34 lbs. ? That is 1 1/2 bags of sugar. A.) who could move around with that on? B.) How long does it take to piss 128+ ozs? How much do you have to drink to reach that going into your diapers? Damn that would last me at least two days. Hell of a diaper rash by then i would say. What is next? One diaper a week? At some point enough is way more than enough. Papa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 am 

question? Has anyone tried the rearz cloth diapers. Their prices are very cheap compared to others. Is there a reason for that? Papa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:08 am 

Papa,

Rearz has a youtube video in which they determine the 4.5 l capacity of their Inspire diaper by pouring cups of water on it until it's fully saturated. That's a very artificial and unrealistic test. And you're right that, even if one could somehow fully saturate the diaper with urine in real life, the bulk and weight of the wet diaper would be much too much to carry around between one's legs. However, it's probably true that the diaper can absorb the amount of urine that a person could reasonably expect to produce in, say, 8 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 am 

Guys and gals, I think that no one actually would attempt to move around with 4 liters of urine in the diaper. Don't forget that the 4 liters is the maximum capacity. The reliable working capacity probably is about 50% of that. I was thinking of the diaper exclusively for nighttime use where the bulk would be less of a problem.

--John