www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:00 pm 

I got some Depends underwear which were purchased for my mother-in-law and am wondering how suitable they are for males. Some twenty plus years ago when many baby diapers were gender specific Consumers Reports claimed it was merely a marketing gimmick and anatomy doesn't play a role. [They tested each type as a separate brand on boys and girls equally.] Assuming they were right that was years ago and might not be true today with more advance products. They were also dealing with babies who are smaller and have less difference in shape between the genders than adults. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:22 pm 

Get real fit for men it's way better then their other product I was using them for a couple of months and they worked out great for small leaks. Have changed to a abena air M2 taped brief for my day time use as my surges have gone from small to full blown flood at times so the real fit no longer have the capacity that is needed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:29 pm 

You'll notice that the gender based diapers are only those designed to look like real underwear. The difference in the cut and appearance is primarily fasion. The proper, tape on, breifs are never gender specific. This is because personal body shape issues are more important to fit, and preventing leaks, than external genital type is. In short, buy whatever works for you, the male/female products are mostly just styling.